Got a few questions! (TYM T353HST)

/ Got a few questions! (TYM T353HST) #1  

Jon E

Tractor
2014 TYM T353HST
After all of an hour of operating time on my new-to-me TYM T353 HST, I have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me with answers. The owner's manual is sketchy at best and I really am scratching my head about some of the features and functions on this thing.

So let's get started!

1. There's a button located on the front of the loader joystick. It appears to do nothing. The owner's manual does not mention it. What does it actually do?

2. The small worklight on the back of the machine - how do you turn it on?

3. My tractor is missing the stabilizer chains/bars on the three-point hitch. I would like to find aftermarket ones that are telescoping style with pins, not the chain-and-turnbuckle style. I think Kioti and Kubota both use the pin-style. Where can I find these? I suppose I could buy some from a Kioti or Kubota dealer....

4. Has anyone been able to cross reference oil, fuel, air and hydraulic filters with commonly available brands such as Wix, Fram or Napa?

5. Where in the **** is the hydraulic filter? I've looked everywhere but crawled underneath the machine. I'm guessing that's where it is.

6. The owner's manual isn't crystal clear on the location of the oil drain plug. I don't want to guess at it.

7. Small silver metal can, in the fuel line, about the size of a baby food jar. It has a seam around the circumference. It's got barbed hose fittings at each end and a 2-wire electrical connector attached. Is this the fuel solenoid? What does it do, and why is it not mentioned in the manual?

8. It seems very light in the rear, even with loaded tires. I took my super-heavy brush hog off it and tried lifting a large wet pine log - roughly 28" diameter and 10' long. I don't think I was maxing out the loader capacity but it picked the rear end right off the ground. I'd like to add weight to the rear that isn't in the way like a brush hog - maybe a weight bar and suitcase weights, or a ballast box, or even a box blade (although those can get in the way of maneuvering as well). Any suggestions? I want to get maximum lifting ability out of this. The manual does not suggest ballast weights for this loader. I was able to pick a 4x4 pallet, loaded 4' high with split and stacked ash logs, and move it into my wood shed without any issue. I could never do this before with my JD4100 so this is very satisfying.

9. I want to run a grapple on the front end. It has the hydraulic ports on the back. The manual is very confusing as to how these operate a third function. Can anyone elaborate on this?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes by but this is all I could think of for now. Even with limited time on the machine, I think it's a great tractor and I am going to love operating it.

/ Got a few questions! (TYM T353HST) #2  
After all of an hour of operating time on my new-to-me TYM T353 HST, I have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me with answers. The owner's manual is sketchy at best and I really am scratching my head about some of the features and functions on this thing.

So let's get started!

1. There's a button located on the front of the loader joystick. It appears to do nothing. The owner's manual does not mention it. What does it actually do?
* It will open or close a grapple if you had one*

2. The small worklight on the back of the machine - how do you turn it on?
*On mine there is a small switch on the back of the light*

3. My tractor is missing the stabilizer chains/bars on the three-point hitch. I would like to find aftermarket ones that are telescoping style with pins, not the chain-and-turnbuckle style. I think Kioti and Kubota both use the pin-style. Where can I find these? I suppose I could buy some from a Kioti or Kubota dealer....

4. Has anyone been able to cross reference oil, fuel, air and hydraulic filters with commonly available brands such as Wix, Fram or Napa?
*See attached list*
5. Where in the **** is the hydraulic filter? I've looked everywhere but crawled underneath the machine. I'm guessing that's where it is.
*Mine is mid tractor underneath about the area of the pedals*
6. The owner's manual isn't crystal clear on the location of the oil drain plug. I don't want to guess at it.
*Same area as the filter*
7. Small silver metal can, in the fuel line, about the size of a baby food jar. It has a seam around the circumference. It's got barbed hose fittings at each end and a 2-wire electrical connector attached. Is this the fuel solenoid? What does it do, and why is it not mentioned in the manual?
*Don't have a clue"
8. It seems very light in the rear, even with loaded tires. I took my super-heavy brush hog off it and tried lifting a large wet pine log - roughly 28" diameter and 10' long. I don't think I was maxing out the loader capacity but it picked the rear end right off the ground. I'd like to add weight to the rear that isn't in the way like a brush hog - maybe a weight bar and suitcase weights, or a ballast box, or even a box blade (although those can get in the way of maneuvering as well). Any suggestions? I want to get maximum lifting ability out of this. The manual does not suggest ballast weights for this loader. I was able to pick a 4x4 pallet, loaded 4' high with split and stacked ash logs, and move it into my wood shed without any issue. I could never do this before with my JD4100 so this is very satisfying.
*I always keep my back blade on for extra weight*
9. I want to run a grapple on the front end. It has the hydraulic ports on the back. The manual is very confusing as to how these operate a third function. Can anyone elaborate on this?
*I might be wrong but I think the grapple runs off the same hydraulics as the FEL*

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes by but this is all I could think of for now. Even with limited time on the machine, I think it's a great tractor and I am going to love operating it.[/QUOTE]

I hope my answers help you. I will never use my tractor to its full abilities, most of my time is snow blowing and moving cut logs (front forks) and firewood.
TYM FILTERS (Mitsubishi S4L2)
OIL
Donaldson P502067 Original Part ($ 15.41) Dealer
Fleetguard LF 3925
Baldwin - B 1400
Fram PH 6607 or 6017A
WIX 57040 or 51365
Hydraulic
Donaldson P169078 Original Part ($43.00) Dealer
Fleetguard HF 35006
Baldwin BT 8416
Fram P 7537
Wix 51586
AIR
Donaldson Outer - P821575 Inner - P822858
Fleetguard AF 25551 AF 25552
Napa 6438 2985
Fram CA9550 CA 9550 SY
Wix 46438/546438 42985/542985
Fuel
Wix 33830

/ Got a few questions! (TYM T353HST)
Thanks joeyd for the list of filters, and I found the switch on the back of the light. I also finally read the owner's manual for the loader and it seems there is a third function kit which can be installed. It looks like it tees off the loader lines and is hard-piped to the front. I'm going to have the dealer install one for me. There's also a lever under the seat area which appears to control the rear ports.

Also managed to pick up a service manual for the actual engine. Mitsubishi S4L2, non-turbo version. I found out what that little can is (#7), it's some kind of in-line fuel pump.

/ Got a few questions! (TYM T353HST) #4  
Glad to be of help, are you going to use your tractor for snow removal this winter? What set up are you going to use?

/ Got a few questions! (TYM T353HST)
This winter I'm gonna stick to the bucket on the loader. Maybe a box blade for final cleanup. I used to have a homebrew plow frame and old Fisher plow for my 4100 but I sold it with the tractor, so I am contemplating a new one for next winter. The plow and frame sure made things quicker.