Simple question re: Oil Capacity...

/ Simple question re: Oil Capacity... #1  

Lunk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720H / BL200 Loader
Good morning all. I've searched the forum without much luck, so here goes...

Time for the 50 hour service and I have some ???

353 HST with the 4 cyl Mitsubishi engine - Oil capacity is? Using Rotella T6 Synthetic 5W40.

Dealer told me to just change the hyd filter as the fluid is still fine, and changing it would be a waste - How much fluid can I expect to lose when removing the filter? On my Branson I'd lose a couple quarts...

Thanks for any/all assistance,

Lunk

/ Simple question re: Oil Capacity... #2  
I just did my 200 hour oil change on my T353 HST. About 5 quarts on the engine oil. I'm not sure how much hydraulic fluid you would loose if you changed out the filter without draining. If there is a check valve to prevent back flow then probably not much. I would have the new filter raedy and attempt to take the old one off and spin the new one on as quickly as possible. Let me know how it goes.

/ Simple question re: Oil Capacity...
I just did my 200 hour oil change on my T353 HST. About 5 quarts on the engine oil. I'm not sure how much hydraulic fluid you would loose if you changed out the filter without draining. If there is a check valve to prevent back flow then probably not much. I would have the new filter raedy and attempt to take the old one off and spin the new one on as quickly as possible. Let me know how it goes.

Will do. Thx!

5 quarts of oil was perfect! Thanks for that.

I lost about a quart of hy-trans when I spun the old filter off. Be sure to check that the rubber seal from the old filter comes off too, as I was lucky enough to notice it hadn't before spinning on a new filter and firing it up...first time in 30+ years of changing my own fluids that I've experienced that...

Lunk

Actually the fluid stopped leaking on its own after about a quart lost. Didn't have to hurry at all...

Good thing in light of the extra time I spent dicking with the rubber seals!

/ Simple question re: Oil Capacity... #7  
what Tranmission fluid did you use to replace the lost quart ?
bob

what Tranmission fluid did you use to replace the lost quart ?
bob

I used Tractor Supply universal Hydraulic Transmission fluid.

I hope it's OK. No issues to report.

Lunk