Tym 353

/ Tym 353 #1  

williamsummerlin

New registration to forum, looking for input on a current problem. My pto spontaneously turns on when the dash switches are turned off. This is a dangerous problem. Has anyone else had this to happen? I also have a problem with the Gage's going to zero occasionally. Any suggestions😩😩😩😩

/ Tym 353 #2  
:welcome:
To TBN William. Where are you located?

/ Tym 353 #4  
Hi William, and welcome to the forum :welcome:
I have moved your thread to the TYM section so that you can get more answers.

/ Tym 353 #5  
Does it have electronic PTO with a switch and relay? If so check relay. When it comes on does it happen with a load on it or just wen nothing is hooked up?

/ Tym 353
I believe it does, it has two switches, one that operates the pto on automatic and or manual. A second push on off switch that turns it on and off. Do you think it is a wire going to ground or what. Thanks for your interest.

/ Tym 353 #7  
It does sound more like a short or intermittent ground issue with the wiring than an issue with the PTO.

/ Tym 353 #8  
Hi, did you ever figure anything out with this issue? I'm having the same luck

/ Tym 353
Don’t really know if my latest issue is related to this, but recently had gloplug issue which turned out to be a short where red glowplug wire was shorting out just where the wiring harness went down behind the radiator and shorted on a sharp corner of the battery plate . May have been an intermittent grounding that ended up being a short to ground that blew my 60 amp fuse.