FEL Won't Stay Up

/ FEL Won't Stay Up #1  

kenb1023

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Cub Cadet XT1 and 2010 TYM T293
I have a 2010 TYM 293 and if I I leave the bucket in the raised position it will fall to the ground in a few hours. Is this normal? I would like it to be able to stay up over night.

/ FEL Won't Stay Up #2  
They will slowly settle, but all the way down in a few hours is a lot. Mine would settle a few inches in a few hours.

/ FEL Won't Stay Up #4  
I have a 2010 TYM 293 and if I I leave the bucket in the raised position it will fall to the ground in a few hours. Is this normal? I would like it to be able to stay up over night.

I have not really paid much attention to how fast my drops but it does way more than it should. I bet in a few hours, it too would hit the ground. I plan on redoing all the loader cylinder seals but just have not gotten to it yet.

/ FEL Won't Stay Up #5  
Sounds like the seals around the pistons in your cylinders are worn. How old is the FEL? You can keep using it like it is as long as you have enough power to lift what you want and it stays up while operating it, but eventually the seals will get so bad that it will go from not have as much lift, to none at all. Rebuilding cylinders is pretty simple, you just need to get the parts and the tools to take it off the tractor and unscrew the end. Then pull it out, replace the old seals with new ones. Kits for my tractors run anywhere from $25 to $150. My dealer told me that they take their cylinders to a guy who specializes in just rebuilding cylinders. Sometimes it's worth it to just drop it off with him and pick it up the next day for another hundred bucks of so in labor.

Eddie

/ FEL Won't Stay Up #6  
Your directional control valve is leaking and possibly also the cylinder seals. Double check that the control valve is returning to center properly. Occasionally the cap on the end that covers the spring centering spring gets full of crud and prevents the spool from returning to true home or center position.

/ FEL Won't Stay Up #7  
Did you get resolution on this one?