TYM Fuel Filter urgrade

/ TYM Fuel Filter urgrade #1  

carmedic310

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T451,bolens G214.John Deere 440CID,Shaver sc25 stunpbuster,woods750 backhoe,wallenstien splitter,woods bb60 mower,woods 60"tiller,countryline tiller,99 international 4700 car carrier
Noticed fuel dripping from the bottom of my TYM T451 fuel sediment bowl.The original filter isn't very big.Upon inspection found the plastic sediment bowl cracked.Called the dealer and was told it would take 2-1/2 weeks to get a new one and cost would be about 70 bucks.Didn't want to wait that long with my tractor down.Even more didn't want to pay 70 bucks for a plastic bowl.So I went down to my local car part store and picked up a new filter block and the filter to fit it.Took about an hour to relace my old filter with this new one after I figured out what i needed for fittings and decided how I was gonna fabricate a new bracket to hang it.Now I have a filter that will last a lot longer and the ease of a spin on filter.Total cost to swap this out was about 60 bucks 004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

/ TYM Fuel Filter urgrade #3  
Thats a nice upgrade! Plus you have a handy water drain.

/ TYM Fuel Filter urgrade #4  
Nice job. Much better solution than OEM. I have a fuel separator I bought for my TYM 273 but due to size am having trouble finding a good way to mount it. I have had water in my fuel 4 or 5 times now and getting tired of it.

/ TYM Fuel Filter urgrade
My question would be where are you getting your fuel?Is it always from the same place?The only reason I have a water separator on mine is this is the filter my parts guy found to fit the fuel housing he had on hand.I have never had any water problems with my fuel.Can't give you any ideas on mounting yours as I don;t know what size your separator is and size of your tractor.Have you tried any additives to disperse water in your fuel? Power service is available at walmart.

/ TYM Fuel Filter urgrade #6  
My question would be where are you getting your fuel?Is it always from the same place?The only reason I have a water separator on mine is this is the filter my parts guy found to fit the fuel housing he had on hand.I have never had any water problems with my fuel.Can't give you any ideas on mounting yours as I don;t know what size your separator is and size of your tractor.Have you tried any additives to disperse water in your fuel? Power service is available at walmart.

I don't always get my fuel from the same place and have not been able to track when I have the problem and where I got the fuel. Too far in between fueling for my brain to remember. I have have used a couple different Power Service products. The one time I added it after I already had the problem, I saw the fuel bowl turn milky. Guessing way too much water to work.

Here is the filter I got just as an FYI
http://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/Racor_Fuel_Filtration_-_SNAPP_Mobile_-_RSL0144.pdf