Got bad news from my dealer today

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #1  

Cranedaddy

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T354 HST
I stopped by my dealer today to get some filters for my 50 hour service. While I was there I noticed they only had 1 TYM tractor in stock and I asked them why since last time I was there the lot was full of them.

The guy said they sold all the other TYM as cheap as they could because they were having trouble moving them. He also said they are not going to be ordering any more TYMs for a while until TYM gets their reputation back up. Said salesman blames TYM reputation on a certain dealer in Texas that supposedly sold a lot of tractors all over the country while promising the customers things like free services, free trouble calls etc but the real problem is they were promising these things to the people that bought from them out of state and telling them that their local dealer in state would do all these free things for them. Also, when they got calls in requesting parts, they supposedly ignored the order, thus pissing off more people.

Everything I have seen and read shows me TYM will take care of the customers but there seems to have been a problem with TYM dealers not doing their part. I think TYM was letting anybody be a dealer and not vetting them as a trustworthy dealer.

I think my dealer is good to go. They haven't given me a reason to think otherwise and they say they are going to remain a TYM dealer but just not move TYM tractors for a little while. I hope things keep looking up for the brand and I think they will. I haven't seen or read anything bad about the brand within the last 2 years.

Also, word on the street is TYM may be buying the Branson tractor line. I guess Branson has been in bankruptcy the last 5 years I am told.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #2  
I stopped by my dealer today to get some filters for my 50 hour service. While I was there I noticed they only had 1 TYM tractor in stock and I asked them why since last time I was there the lot was full of them.

The guy said they sold all the other TYM as cheap as they could because they were having trouble moving them. He also said they are not going to be ordering any more TYMs for a while until TYM gets their reputation back up. Said salesman blames TYM reputation on a certain dealer in Texas that supposedly sold a lot of tractors all over the country while promising the customers things like free services, free trouble calls etc but the real problem is they were promising these things to the people that bought from them out of state and telling them that their local dealer in state would do all these free things for them. Also, when they got calls in requesting parts, they supposedly ignored the order, thus pissing off more people.

Everything I have seen and read shows me TYM will take care of the customers but there seems to have been a problem with TYM dealers not doing their part. I think TYM was letting anybody be a dealer and not vetting them as a trustworthy dealer.

I think my dealer is good to go. They haven't given me a reason to think otherwise and they say they are going to remain a TYM dealer but just not move TYM tractors for a little while. I hope things keep looking up for the brand and I think they will. I haven't seen or read anything bad about the brand within the last 2 years.

Also, word on the street is TYM may be buying the Branson tractor line. I guess Branson has been in bankruptcy the last 5 years I am told.

It sad when you think of it. There are actually people who will spend thousands of dollars for something thinking someone (Dealer) in another state will provide free service and parts. "Said salesman blames TYM reputation on a certain dealer in Texas that supposedly sold a lot of tractors all over the country while promising the customers things like free services, free trouble calls etc but the real problem is they were promising these things to the people that bought from them out of state and telling them that their local dealer in state would do all these free things for them."

And the really scary part is they drive automobiles and trucks on the highway every day.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #3  
So if I buy a new tractor in Georgia and shortly thereafter my employer transfers me and my job to Oregon, do I have to take the tractor back to Georgia for warranty service or do I take it to my local dealer in Oregon for warranty service? I don't understand the issue with taking a product (car, truck, motorcycle, tractor, RV, et al) to any dealer that sells said brand of product for service, warranty or otherwise.

Now, if the dealer in the OP's post was promising things that were not expressly stated in the manufacturers warranty (see owners manual for warranty text) then I can understand another dealer refusing to do the promised tasks as they were not part of the manufacturers warranty statement.

Just for the record, I bought my F-150 from a Lincoln Mercury dealer because a personal friend was a salesperson, took delivery of the truck from the Ford dealership in a neighboring city 20 miles away, and have had ALL the warranty work done by another Ford dealership 10 miles west of me. Never an issue from anyone.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today
Now, if the dealer in the OP's post was promising things that were not expressly stated in the manufacturers warranty (see owners manual for warranty text) then I can understand another dealer refusing to do the promised tasks as they were not part of the manufacturers warranty statement.

This was the issue. Said dealer was promising things like free pickup and delivery for service work, free services, etc.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #5  
So if I buy a new tractor in Georgia and shortly thereafter my employer transfers me and my job to Oregon, do I have to take the tractor back to Georgia for warranty service or do I take it to my local dealer in Oregon for warranty service? I don't understand the issue with taking a product (car, truck, motorcycle, tractor, RV, et al) to any dealer that sells said brand of product for service, warranty or otherwise. Now, if the dealer in the OP's post was promising things that were not expressly stated in the manufacturers warranty (see owners manual for warranty text) then I can understand another dealer refusing to do the promised tasks as they were not part of the manufacturers warranty statement. Just for the record, I bought my F-150 from a Lincoln Mercury dealer because a personal friend was a salesperson, took delivery of the truck from the Ford dealership in a neighboring city 20 miles away, and have had ALL the warranty work done by another Ford dealership 10 miles west of me. Never an issue from anyone.

Warranty work should be taken care of by any dealer, but special free perks will not. Granted if the dealer is busy fixing his own clients tractors, you might have to wait. But they should take care of it. Tractors are similar but a little different than cars. I have heard of a tractor dealer refusing to sell someone a implement because the person did not buy his tractor from him.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #6  
I have heard of a tractor dealer refusing to sell someone a implement because the person did not buy his tractor from him.

Now that's a proud dealer! Guys like that are who keep TSC, Fleet Farm, Everything Attachments, et al in business.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #7  
Ok. Don't know alot about the TYM tractor but what you said about TYM buying Branson tractor line your not far off. They have bought into some share of the Branson tractor company but only a small share. The part where the op said Branson has been in bankruptcy for several years is simply not true. Branson Tractor has been the only compact tractor company that has increased their profits shares in the last 10 years. That is probably why TYM is connecting with Branson. I would want to buy into a company that is actually doing well if the opportunity arises.

/ Got bad news from my dealer today #9  
Good reading but I'm not talking kukje in South Korea, I'm talking specifically Branson Tractors USA. Branson has been doing great in the USA. But yeah of course kukje is the builder of Branson. $100 says kukje changes their name and comes up with something different to market. Happens all the time.