Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #1  

WBG1964

Tractor
TYM 353
I have a TYM 353 2014. I just gave its first service. I changed the engine oil and
filter and changed the hydraulic fluid as well. I thought I got the FEL working and
the backhoe as well, but it was very slow. Now it's not working at all again. I can
move my FEL bucket up and down and the backhoe side to side. Anyone out there
have any advice?
Thanks

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #2  
If I bump my rear remote lever at the bottom right it will kill my function on the 3 point hitch. Maybe that's it? If not can't help you!

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #3  
I didn't have any trouble after I did the 1st service on my 353. Did you replace the hydraulic filter? Same size? I haven't ever used a back hoe on mine but can they both run at the same time? Do you have the valve to the BH isolated? Sounds like you might not be getting enough pressure, are you sure of the amount of fluid you put in? I always try to start with the easy things first.

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353
Filter? I did not know about the filter. The **** book didn't say anything about changing a hydraulic filter. Do you know were it is located?

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #5  
On my tractor a 2010, 353HST, the hydraulic filter is recessed midline under the tractor in line with the step. I don't know how often TYM makes changes like engines, transmissions etc. with their line. I have the Parts, Operation and Service manuals in PDFs if they would be of help to you. Send me a private message with your email and I'll send them if you want them. I have the Mitsubishi S4L2 engine in mine.

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #6  
There should be a intake screen on the transmission for the hyd system. The end of the screen filter looks like a tear drop with one bolt in the small part and a place to grab it with a pliers to pull it out. This is one you remove , clean it and reinstall it. There should be a photo of it in your owners manual. This may help it. You may need to remove the oil before cleaning though so you don't get a big mess.

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #7  
I have a TYM 353 2014. I just gave its first service. I changed the engine oil and
filter and changed the hydraulic fluid as well. I thought I got the FEL working and
the backhoe as well, but it was very slow. Now it's not working at all again. I can
move my FEL bucket up and down and the backhoe side to side. Anyone out there
have any advice?
Thanks

WBG1964 -

Were you able to track down the problem?

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #8  
You need to clean the inlet screen and change the hydraulic filter. I do it every 200 hours.

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #9  
Several people tell me to change the filters.... I DID and I stated that in the original post. Suction Filter, Hydraulic filter, hydraulic fluid all changed as stated in the original post, but thank you, anyway. Now... Pete-mi, I think it may have been a previous post of yours which I read stating the "tear drop" because your response is almost identical to what I read before. Sadly, I am too stupid to find the "tear drop". My owners manual does not even mention this filter. The service manual does but it simply shows a picture of a hose which appears to have a coupler. There is not enough detail or description to have any idea at all where this is located. I have searched all around the transmission, hoses leading to it, but again, I must be stupid (or the manual bad?).

JoeyD, thanks, as stated, I was able to change all the filters except the inline screen which I cannot find. I have the service manuals. They are not adequate to help me. They tell me to check, clear or replace but no clear description of location. For your question, No, sorry, I have not yet been able to find the screen filter nor do I have any idea why I must kick the Remove lever to get the 3-pt hitch to work. I know that it must be a valve issue but I was hoping someone here had already conquered the issue, repair, replace, etc. I did not want to remove the seat, and other components again, to tear open that valve to see if I could shim it or somehow fix it, if there was a known solution.

Redneck in Training -- Yes, I know. I posted here because I cannot find that screen filter and wanted help finding it. Thank you.

/ Hydraulics having trouble working after service on my TYM 353 #10  
Cranedaddy, yes, that seems to be the same issue. I was hoping there was a fix. If I bump the lever, no 3-pt hitch and that is not good when mowing. To get it working again requires the kick.

Joeyd, I failed to address all your comments previously, sorry. The backhoe is not attached. I removed it hoping to use this tractor for some other work but getting the 3-pt to work is an issue. The lever I am talking about 'kicking' is the isolation valve for the backhoe. Hydraulic pressure is fine. In fact, after the flush, filter replacement and fluid replacement, the FEL is finally working smoothly. I use the forklifts and bucket A LOT so this smoother operation is very welcome.

WBG1964, do you have the HST? With the HST there are three filters listed in my manual, the suction filter, the hydraulic filter and the line filter (which I still cannot find). According the the folks I have been talking with at Legacy Tractors in Colorado, non-HST only have the suction filter and line filter, but I cannot guarantee this information since I have the HST. I have attached two pages from my service manual which show the three HST filters (again, I just cannot find the line filter). I looked at that line filter drawing again and will go search again

Attachments

• Line Filter.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 137
  • Hydraulic Filter.pdf
    29.4 KB · Views: 162