TYM 330 HST go pedals don't return to neutral.

/ TYM 330 HST go pedals don't return to neutral. #1  

Redneck in training

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM 330 HST with FEL
I have TYM 330 HST 1 with short of 1200 hours. The tractor was flawless until today. The "go"pedals don't return to neutral. The forward pedal when pressed about halfway will slowly creep toward the floor increasing speed of the tractor. Reverse pedal also doesn't return when pressed but doesn't creep. After shutting the engine down I can't restart the tractor apparently due to "neutral" interlock not being made even though the pedals are (or appear to be) in neutral position. The pivots and linkage of the pedals is well lubricated and free of friction. I tried to locate the shop manual for the tractor on line but with no success.
So I am asking TBN knowledge trust for help how to troubleshoot it and where to start.

/ TYM 330 HST go pedals don't return to neutral.
Found the problem. There is a spring pulling on a lever that presses a roller against a cam that centers the pedals. One of the hooks was broken and the spring fell off. Since I remembered the place when the pedals stopped returning in the center I got my metal detector and found the spring. I bent new hook at the broken end and put the spring back. Tractor stated and all is good. Nevertheless I need to get new spring from the dealer because the fix is only temporary and will not last long.
Spring installed after temporary repair.
Broken spring small.jpg

/ TYM 330 HST go pedals don't return to neutral. #3  
Glad you got it back up and running. Maybe just measure the spring length and "perhaps" get one cheaper and much faster from a local hardware store? Gives me another idea of what to be watching out for. Thanks. Greg

/ TYM 330 HST go pedals don't return to neutral. #4  
Redneck,

I have the TYM Service Manual for the 330 in a PDF file. If you would like it send me your email in a private message and I'll send it to you, it's 7.5 MB and I don't know if I can attach it here.

/ TYM 330 HST go pedals don't return to neutral.
Glad you got it back up and running. Maybe just measure the spring length and "perhaps" get one cheaper and much faster from a local hardware store? Gives me another idea of what to be watching out for. Thanks. Greg

In fact I did just that. The spring I bought looked similar to original but apparently is weaker. Have to go back and buy stronger one.