Clutch adjustment

/ Clutch adjustment #1  

curtisg710

My tractor has about 140 hrs on it and hasn't had a clutch adjustment yet. Thought I heard that you should do it by now? Any way if so how to I measure the free play?

/ Clutch adjustment #2  
On every tractor or vehicle I have owned the clutch free play was measured with the engine off and sometimes you have to depress the clutch by hand to feel the resistance change. Most clutches require around 3/4 to one inch of free play.

This measured at the foot pedal from the clutch being fully released to point of resistance.

I would suggest double checking to see what the free play is supposed to be on tractor.

At 140 hrs you should probably check this but if it was set correctly from the factory it should not require adjustment. My branson has 300+ hours and has not required any adjustment to date.

/ Clutch adjustment
I can't set what it was now but I found online what it should be. I've noticed lately that with the clutch fully depressed the forward/reverse aren't wanting to shift like they were before. It never has wanted to dOwn shift the gears since I've had it just figured I'd check it to see what it is.