TYM T233 Overheating

/ TYM T233 Overheating #1  

Jeff T233

Tractor
TYM T233
I purchased a used TYM T233 in an estate sale, never having owned a tractor before. I set about using it on 6.5 acres of woodland which I also recently purchased.
After running the tractor for 20-30 mins the temp gauge climbs nearing the red zone. I try all I can to cool down the engine without success. The next time out I top off the radiator by the story repeats itself.
So I head to my dealer thinking the worst. The service manager, with great patience, shows me several things to check, using a new unit as reference. One of the items he suggests is that the radiator fins may be clogged with dirt/mud/debris. Thankful for his suggestions, though somewhat skeptical, I head back to my tractor.
Shocked I find exactly the condition the service manager described. See photo. A simple hosing out of the radiator cleared all of the dirt.
Now the tractor runs great for hours with the temp gauge at mid-point!

Attachments

• IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2332.JPG
    IMG_2332.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 249
   / TYM T233 Overheating #2  
Good to hear it was a simple fix on the overheating. I'm not familiar with TYM however is there a screen in front of the radiator?

/ TYM T233 Overheating #3  
It's fairly common for the screens on tractors to get some chaff in the radiator especially when doing field mowing in tall weeds.

If you don't have one already it's worth investing in a good blow nozzle for your compressor. I bought a cheap one and then fabricated a piece of copper tubing on the end of it so I could put a 90 deg bend so I could blow out the core of the radiator.

Nice tractor by the way. I looked at the TYM 223 some years ago and really liked the layout of the tractor. Good compact size but still had larger sized tires. Plus the slope of the hood looks like it would be really easy for loader work.

/ TYM T233 Overheating
Good to hear it was a simple fix on the overheating. I'm not familiar with TYM however is there a screen in front of the radiator?

Yes, there is a screen in front of the radiator. I removed it for the pictures. The dirt and debris that was lodged in the radiator was smaller than the screen catches.

/ TYM T233 Overheating #5  
Jeff, I have found the guys at Jordan Sales to be helpful also. I have recommended them to many TYM owners here on TBN for assistance.