Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other.

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other. #1  

Bud Soda

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, 3000
Anyone know the location of the pressure relief valves? Loader needs a little more pressure. Probably set a little low from factory.I assume there is one on the loader spool? Can not find anything in the owners manual.

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other. #2  
I have a
Cabellas elm 35h (tym) mine was on loader valve, lock nut with a hex head shaft to adjust. I put a gauge on my loader fitting and set it to factory specs. It was only at 1100. Totally different machine.

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other.
I have a
Cabellas elm 35h (tym) mine was on loader valve, lock nut with a hex head shaft to adjust. I put a gauge on my loader fitting and set it to factory specs. It was only at 1100. Totally different machine.

Mine is a Cabelas 45H. I turned the one on the loader valve one full turn CW(don't have a gauge) and it did not seem to help. Loader still will not pick the front wheels off the ground. I think there is a bypass block before the loader valve but I have not looked for it yet.

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other. #4  
I had to turn mine quite a few turns... it would barely lift 500 lbs before, I lifted 1600 after setting it to factory specs

I had to turn mine quite a few turns... it would barely lift 500 lbs before, I lifted 1600 after setting it to factory specs

Thanks. I will go a few more. Did you hook the gauge to the rear remote? I may get a gauge. Talked to the shop manager at Cabelas and told him It was weak. I have to take it in to have the display changed, said they would check it.

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other. #6  
Yes at rear, and on
The 35 the loader is first in the circuit, then goes on to splitter for back hoe/ three point hitch

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other. #7  
Exactly the post I was looking for. Jim do you have any pics of where the valve is and adjuster? I have a new LM36 and constantly have to back out of piles to get it to lift, backhoe seems a bit week too.
Thanks

Exactly the post I was looking for. Jim do you have any pics of where the valve is and adjuster? I have a new LM36 and constantly have to back out of piles to get it to lift, backhoe seems a bit week too.
Thanks
PRV is on the loader control valve. Allen screw with locking nut. Clockwise increases pressure to loader.

/ Adjusting hydraulic pressure relief valves on TYM 454 or other. #9  
PRV is on the passenger side rail with all the hose connects going to it? Is allen and locking nut all painted over?

Yes. Right side sitting on the tractor. Cables from loader joystick go to it.