New TYM T330 HST owner

/ New TYM T330 HST owner #1  

Intersmashable

Tractor
TYM T330 HST
I'll try and post some pictures if I can figure out how to do so.

20170130_174611.jpg

Just curious if there are anythings to look out for on this machine? Any other helpful information that may not be included in the manuals would be greatly appreciated as well..

Last edited:
   / New TYM T330 HST owner #2  
Some of the smaller TYM' had a few problems. Wire chafing, cracked frames and drive shaft problems. I'm not sure the T-330 the same size tractor. The T-233,273 and 293 had these issues if I can remember right. Wiring problem is a simple fix with some wire loom, TYM redesigned the drive shaft, but I know of at least one person which the new one failed. The frame was just not strong enough, most people just welded and beefed up the problem area. Your new find looks like it is in great shape. Good luck. Enjoy. It appears that yours is an earlier version of the T353. I cannot recall any major problems with that model.

Last edited:
   / New TYM T330 HST owner #3  
You got a good deal. I have the same model and have owned it for over 10 years. I have been very happy with it. The only repairs needed on the tractor has been a spring on the hydro pedal, rear oil sight gauge and the electric shut off valve. The power washer caused this problem or I doubt if it would have broken. The only draw back is the Scorpion distributor used a couple brands of loader so not all have the same type quick attach bucket. I changed mine over to the Bobcat type.

All TYM tractors larger than the 200 series are a full chassis tractor just like the big farm tractors. No frames on 300 series and larger. They are casting to casting units so you shouldn't have the problems listed above. I was happy enough with mine that my next tractor addition was a T503 with cab for larger work.

I wish I could have gotten mine for the price area you paid but then I purchased mine new. If it hasn't been done lately I would change the hst oil and filter right away as that can save a big repair bill from needing to be done in the future. Just be careful as you might find the hours going up quicker on this that the old Ford. The new tractors are nicer to drive than the old one are.

/ New TYM T330 HST owner
Thanks for the feedback, folks. Unfortunately I do not have a quick attach bucket :thumbsdown: Something I may want to do some day with an adapter though....time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the advice pete.....I have noticed the hours going up a bit faster! I currently have a loader control spool leak so I haven't been using it. I am going to fix that when the weather warms up. I picked up a 60" rough mower off the original owner that was bought at the same time for a good deal too; doubt it was used much at all.

/ New TYM T330 HST owner #5  
Looking at your loader, looks much like my fel. The bucket an the guard really look closeIMG_1054.JPG

/ New TYM T330 HST owner #6  
We have TYM 330 bought new 2005. 1100 hours. Hydro pedal spring broke, transmission sight glass leaked, replaced the dashboard control unit. It recently developed small PTO shaft oil drip. The tractor is due for hydraulic fluid change so I could replace it. Otherwise it is trouble free machine. All repair cost so far $306. New PTO seal is on order for about $30.

/ New TYM T330 HST owner
Looking at your loader, looks much like my fel. The bucket an the guard really look closeView attachment 501367

Yeah, they do look real close. My dealer told me that TYM has used a few different FEL manufacturers and that he believed that my model should be a Sioux loader. I never looked into it much to confirm. When I needed seals for my Nimco control valve, I just found an AGCO loader that had the same valve and ordered that.

/ New TYM T330 HST owner
We have TYM 330 bought new 2005. 1100 hours. Hydro pedal spring broke, transmission sight glass leaked, replaced the dashboard control unit. It recently developed small PTO shaft oil drip. The tractor is due for hydraulic fluid change so I could replace it. Otherwise it is trouble free machine. All repair cost so far $306. New PTO seal is on order for about $30.

I have developed a slight rear PTO leak too....I think from the tractor sitting. It was not leaking when I bought it, but since I played with all the gadgets....including the PTO, it has been leaking a bit. do you happen to have a part number for that seal..I will probably change fluid soon and do it then. Dealer tells me the TYM 330 (and maybe others??)tractors did have a starter control issue up here in Canada too....and many of them on the 330s got bypassed. They would fail when it was cold out as something in them was not up to the cold. Mine was replaced twice...and currently not functioning as it should, but I use it as a theft deterrent lol.

/ New TYM T330 HST owner #9  
I have developed a slight rear PTO leak too....I think from the tractor sitting. It was not leaking when I bought it, but since I played with all the gadgets....including the PTO, it has been leaking a bit. do you happen to have a part number for that seal..I will probably change fluid soon and do it then. Dealer tells me the TYM 330 (and maybe others??)tractors did have a starter control issue up here in Canada too....and many of them on the 330s got bypassed. They would fail when it was cold out as something in them was not up to the cold. Mine was replaced twice...and currently not functioning as it should, but I use it as a theft deterrent lol.
If the seal is the same on as the 273 I have one you can have. email your address to me and I will send it to you. That is if it does not cost $20.00 to mail through usps to Canada. ducks24me@gmail.com