Looking at 394 TYM

/ Looking at 394 TYM #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Hey everyone, I'm looking at a 394 TYM hst with cab and loader. It's actually through Smith Enterprise. Anybody have any experience with this model? Anybody have any experience with Smith Enterprise?

/ Looking at 394 TYM #2  
Hey everyone, I'm looking at a 394 TYM hst with cab and loader. It's actually through Smith Enterprise. Anybody have any experience with this model? Anybody have any experience with Smith Enterprise?
Is this the outfit out of NC? If so - I looked at them for an LS, but opted to purchase from a real tractor dealer.

/ Looking at 394 TYM #3  
Why are they not a real tractor dealer. Because they have multiple businesses? I believe they are the largest TYM dealer in the USA. I will agree with you, I think TYM's biggest problem is most of their dealers sell tractors on the side. There are some great dealers out there though.

/ Looking at 394 TYM #4  
Smith in Rebel City has tractors that are weathered from sitting on the lot a long time. Get him to order you one if you buy from him.

/ Looking at 394 TYM #5  
Why are they not a real tractor dealer. Because they have multiple businesses? I believe they are the largest TYM dealer in the USA. I will agree with you, I think TYM's biggest problem is most of their dealers sell tractors on the side. There are some great dealers out there though.

They aren't a real dealer because the owner told me that they don't do warranty work. Something about me finding another mechanic and then he will pay out a base rate to them directly. No thank you...

/ Looking at 394 TYM
Thanks for all of the information guys. Kinda turns me away from the whole deal. I have also heard that TYM has a issue with getting parts/warranty jobs. I went to a local dealer and I noticed that he had no TYM's on the lot. I asked where these tractors were and he told me that he was not going to sell any more of those tractors until there parts/warranty claims got better.

/ Looking at 394 TYM
Is this the outfit out of NC? If so - I looked at them for an LS, but opted to purchase from a real tractor dealer.

Yes it is. If selling tractors is not there main business, then what is?

/ Looking at 394 TYM #9  
TYM lists them as sales and service dealer. Don't see how they could sub out work on a tractor to someone else who does not have the correct training and computer software to diagnose problems with these new tractors.

/ Looking at 394 TYM #10  
He sales cars, trailers, boats, country store, etc. I bought a 10' box blade from him because it was at a good price.