Hydraulic gauge install

/ Hydraulic gauge install #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
Hello TYMr's,
I wondered if I could get some help or at least ideas where to look next. I'm trying to cobble together a hydro gauge to occasionally monitor my system. I'd like to be able to plug in and out from the loader system as that's usually all I'm concerned about. My trouble is I am having a devil of a time trying to find quick disconnect fittings that will allow me to do so.

Information written on my original fittings that came with my TYM273 follows: written/stamped on only the female -- KWAN KWANG 09 PT 3/8 -- they are mounted to 1/4 inch flexible hose from the loader valve and connect to hard line pipe. This is where I disconnect whenever the loader is removed. I see the reducers in the ends of each (Male & Female) fitting. So, I came to the conclusion they are 3/8 QD fittings. They appear to be agricultural style fittings, but they do not have the rounded ball inside, rather a prominent protruded end, on a slightly v-shaped style ball - perhaps a pop-up style? I am unsure as to that. The male has nothing written/stamped on it at all.

I purchased from DHH three sets of 3/8 inch 3AGF3 - AG3F3 which are supposed to interchange with Parker/Pioneer 4050-3 [female] & 4010-3 [male]. Hoped they'd fit, but ... they don't. They won't quite fit inside the KWAN KWANG fittings - they are just a "tad" bigger in body. I realize that I could just buy several more QD's and change out them all - but - I'd rather not do all that.

If I can just figure out what they interchange with my solution to a plug-in gauge is solved. Have any of you ever sourced Korean hyd fittings? Any source suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Greg

/ Hydraulic gauge install #2  
Yeah they are a poppet style, not your normal ag style. I made a pressure tester for mine as well and will scrounge up the parts list and get it to you tomorrow. Think i got the gauge from Surplus Center and the quick connects from Discount Hydraulic Hose.

/ Hydraulic gauge install
Hi myyaz33,
Thanks for the reply. I figured the ones I got were wrong. Close but no cigar! They'll come in handy later on for something else when/if I ever get round to it. I've got a good gauge already; can get all other connections needed from NAPA, EXcept for the quick connects! Darn it. I'd sure appreciate the source and/or part numbers for the QD's you used. I used DHH already; I asked for - and got - what I asked for. The wrong ones! Ha!

I'd also like to tap your memory about the diverter - switch - relay [if needed] and any info you have about the grapple you built/installed. Top notch job that was!! Kudo's to you once again. I'm only working on getting a gauge to check my system now, but am intending on adding a Green's thumb also. So will be needing to get my fingers and mind further dirty with hydro fluid and knowledge. I'll be watching for your experienced recommendations as to both.
Thanks, Greg

/ Hydraulic gauge install #4  
Usually foreign QC knock offs do not work well with the supposed equal. Might pay to replace them with a name brand like Parker (style of your choice). I made up a gauge set with a 3/8 X 3/8 X 1/4 steel tee with male and female QCs each end and a gauge in the side connection. I can now insert that into any QC connection point.

Ron

Tractor Seabee, That is exactly the style of hook-up I am attempting to create. Just didn't want to change out the original fittings if I could work around or with them. However it looks like that route may indeed be the easier way to go. I was just hoping someone else had done this already and had found a match. When I get to the adding a diverter stage it would be nice to have all fittings the same - one gauge to test all areas. I will wait for a spell to see if anyone comes up with a match. If not, I'll go through NAPA and try to find some Pioneer fittings. My old dealer - long gone now - used those for my 3 spool valve. I can't seem to locate Pioneer fittings on the web, but am sure NAPA can.
Thanks for your thoughts/advice. Greg

/ Hydraulic gauge install #6  
Don't know if you have a Tractor Supply where you are located but they would have the gauge, QC fittings, and adapters. You could just hook the gauge to your rear aux hydro connector.

/ Hydraulic gauge install #7  
You will need a female 3/8" ISO 7241-1 Series A for the loader and a male 1/2" of the same if you want to check rear remotes. If this is your only use for them, then buying singles will be cheaper escpecially since they are different sizes. Otherwise, I usually buy them in sets of male/female in case i might use the other for something else. Prices really vary, but I have had good luck with fittings from DHH on my TYM.

ISO 7241-1 Series A Hydraulic Quick Disconnect Couplers

Gregster - Let me know if you have any specific questions on the grapple and diverter I added. Wanted to do a complete thread on it but havent gotten to it yet.

Last edited:
Thank you for that info myyaz33. I will order several sets and see how it works out. You did mean that they "interchange" not replace didn't you? Thanks.
To all readers I apologize. I should have added that I had also posted this in the Hydraulics thread. Often there isn't much traffic over here and I was desperate to find a solution. Sorry if that confused or upset anyone. My mistake.
Greg

myyaz33, What I was asking is whether the 3/8" ISO 7241-1 Series A couplings fit into/interchange with the KWAN KWANG 09 PT 3/8 fittings that are already fitted to the loader? Since you said I only need the female - I "assume" that means it fits into the existing KWAN KWANG 09 PT 3/8 male? That is all I am attempting to clarify.

I'm going to buy a complete set anyhow, just wonder if I need to buy more than one set and change out them all (so I have the ability to plug in anywhere in my circuit) or not. I intend to build my gauge so that I can plug in from the valve and back onto the loader hard-line itself. Be completely within the flowing circuit. I saw one shown that I want to copy. A Tee fitting with a female coupling on one end, a male on the other, the gauge in the middle. Hope I didn't confuse you even more. It's clear in my head, but perhaps doesn't come out sounding as clear. Thanks, Greg

The shown gauge set-up I referred to was by Xfaxman in a separate post.

Last edited: