Buzzing sound from glow plug relay and no engine crank on 273 hst

/ Buzzing sound from glow plug relay and no engine crank on 273 hst #1  

Stumpshot

First start of spring. Charged the battery, flipped the key left to glow plugs and got a buzzer sound like you left the key in the ignition of an old Chevy. No glow light and when turning the key to start I get nothing except the buzzing sound. With the key out, the buzzing sound continues for about the length of time it would take for the glow plugs to heat on a cold engine. The engine tried to crank before I charged the battery, I cleaned the posts and charged it only. Now-------not even a click.
Glow plug relay? Last time a relay fried the starter cranked the engine just fine.
It's an 08, 273 HST.
Thanks, Stumpshot

/ Buzzing sound from glow plug relay and no engine crank on 273 hst #2  
Put a test light or volt meter on the output side of the relay, see if you have anything coming out when you turn on the key.

Also, many glow plug setups have a second 'timer' relay that cuts out the glow plug relay after a given time.....like 30-60 seconds....of supplying power to the glow plug relay...so check to make sure you have voltage INTO the relay as well as out.

Also, check the ground wire connection on both....the buzzing sounds like a relay making/breaking connection instead of a steady latching of the magnetic contact inside.

/ Buzzing sound from glow plug relay and no engine crank on 273 hst #3  
Sounds like a bad battery. If the battery is good there are two big fuses in the wiring harness under the dash near the steering column. The glow plug really in beside the battery but it is probably fine.