Broke 3PT

/ Broke 3PT #1  

CDR

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM 273
Has anybody else internally broken the 3pt on a 273? Mine broke today while lifting my small lightweight set of discs. It appears that what I would call a bellcrank on the splined shaft where the lift arms are are mounted broke. Have one being drop shipped to my house, probably won't get here till middle of next week.

/ Broke 3PT
Here is a picture of the broken part. Not to bad to get out. I did have to go buy a press, I'd been wanting one for other jobs anyhow. Now just waiting for the parts to get in. P4300013.JPG

/ Broke 3PT #3  
I like the way you choose to solve your problems.. :) That press should come in handy. I dont think I have seen anyone else have this same issue. Well at least I dont recall seeing it here. Thanks for sharing.

/ Broke 3PT
I didn't remember seeing anyone with this problem either. I don't think I abuse my tractor, under 400 hrs and I'm on my second driveshaft and now this issue. Maybe I'm rougher with it that I realize.

/ Broke 3PT #5  
I'd be inclined to think there was something wrong with that steel. It looked like some interesting pitting near the break. I am no metallurgist.

/ Broke 3PT
The casting doesn't look that porous in the break. I have seen worse looking castings. There wasn't any corrosion or discoloration in the break like it had been cracked for a while. When it let go it made a good little bang that I could hear over the engine with hearing protection on.

/ Broke 3PT #7  
That bellcrank should never break. At least the design intent should be that the force of the piston on the 3pt should never be enough where it would break that link. Have you checked your HYD pressure to see if it matches the spec for your tractor? If someone turned it up it might stress things enough to break things like this.

/ Broke 3PT
Well it's two weeks today and no part. Called my dealer yesterday asking him to try and find out where my part is. He left a message today that it was "out of stock" and would be two more weeks. So I am assuming that there are none in this country and it is coming from Korea.
The only good thing is I am finding time to start a grille guard for it out of my scrape pile. Got it roughed out but have to wait until the tractor is operational so I can check clearances on the loader. I'll post some pictures when it is done.