TYM model differences....

/ TYM model differences.... #1  

Badasssapper67

Tractor
none yet
Hey all, I bought a T400 and after doing some research Im a little confused.
I believe these models were called "scorpions" and there was a T390, T400, T430, and T450. Acording to tractor data They have the same wheel base, the weight is different and same demensions as width and such. The T390 and the T400 both have the Kubota 1903 motor and are both rated their hp at the same 2800 rpm's. The T430 and the T450 have the 2203 motor and are rated at 2600 rpms. The biger units have a 16 speed set up and the smaller a 12 speed set up.
I cant figure out what makes one produce 39hp and the other 43hp, the T430 makes 43 hp and the T450, 45 hp. Is this a marketing gimick?
I want to make sure that when I go to look for parts, which will happen sooner or later that I know what parts are shared and what parts are specific to the T400.
I LOVE this little tractor. ........soon as I can find a front end loader I'll be ready to get some real work done!

/ TYM model differences.... #2  
The hp difference is just how they tuned the engines back then. Does your tractor say Scorpion on it or does it say TYM on it. From what I understand is that the scorpion branded tractors are TYM built, but sold by a third party before TYM decided to set up in the USA to sell tractors. There is not much info out there on the earlier tractors.

/ TYM model differences....
Oh ok that makes sense. The labels on the hood say T400 I thought it was also called a "scorpion" model series because in my net searches I saw some refer to them as such. It seems tym has made tractors for a lot of other brands. They have a newer line of tractors than mine that I hear people talking about a lot more than what I've got.
The dealer net work is really "ify" out in my area. and I've had a real hard time locating a front end loader to add on. Besides that the unit is really nice it came with a lot of things other brands consider options. Maybe the previous owner ordered it fully loaded I dont know. Once I get a loader on it I can really put it to work. ...... For being so fully featured I just guessed there would be more dealer support and more people owning them.

/ TYM model differences.... #4  
Did you buy the tractor new? I know a few years back when TYM was making the T-503. They then produced the T-500 which was the stripped down version of the T-503. No cab shuttle shift with one remote and had the same front hood as the Mahindra 5010. They never put them on the website and were priced accordingly. Does your tractor have a Deere or CAT/ Perkins engine it. The T433 and T503/T500 had the CAT/Perkins engine along with the T603, T723, T903 and T1003. I think the older Scorions used the John Deere engines. The T450 and T451 used a Kubota engine. I think when TYM entered the US market they took over the warranties and parts for the Scorpion line. Good luck finding a loader. I think yours should be very similar to the Mahindra 4010.

/ TYM model differences....
Btown, bought if from an estate a couple weeks ago. Before doing some research I had never heard of TYM before. I have seen other people comment on other sites that their T400 had a Perkins engine or maybe theirs was a T430, I dont remember but Mine has a Kubota v1903 four banger. Great little engin so far. I dont know anything about the Perkins reputation I see they're a part of Caterpillar but I dont know if they're Cat's budget model? Im not sure why they're not just called Cat.
The info about being similar to the Mahindra 4010 should come in very handy in my search for the loader. Im not sure what TYM's numbering system represents, I see that some tractors with a cab have a 3 on the end but now the tractors are numbered 293 or such. Is that 29hp and 3 is the frame size? Anyway thanks for the help.

/ TYM model differences.... #6  
The basic numbering system started with the "0" series for the last number then went to the "3" series and now on the "4" series. The three models that don't fit this well is the T300, T350, and T500 which were economy models made during the "3" series time. The first numbers are set up to be close to the tractors horse power.
As for the Scorpion labeled tractors TYM made them for a distributor who was selling them here in the USA before TYM came in themselves. These tractors were maroon in color and not the bright red color. The distributor started around 1998 and was done in early 2006.

/ TYM model differences.... #7  
Btown, bought if from an estate a couple weeks ago. Before doing some research I had never heard of TYM before. I have seen other people comment on other sites that their T400 had a Perkins engine or maybe theirs was a T430, I dont remember but Mine has a Kubota v1903 four banger. Great little engin so far. I dont know anything about the Perkins reputation I see they're a part of Caterpillar but I dont know if they're Cat's budget model? Im not sure why they're not just called Cat.
The info about being similar to the Mahindra 4010 should come in very handy in my search for the loader. Im not sure what TYM's numbering system represents, I see that some tractors with a cab have a 3 on the end but now the tractors are numbered 293 or such. Is that 29hp and 3 is the frame size? Anyway thanks for the help.

The T430 has the Kubota 2.2 L Diesel. The T433 has the CAT/Perkins in it. Everyone is wondering when when they will switch over to the the Branson Kukje engine( Cummins design)