RK tractors are made by TYM

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #1  

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota mx 5100 IH 484 ford 1620 lull 844b
Is there experience in the community? $30k for 44 hp pto tractor, (55 gross hp) HST, cab and loader + amenities that are options with competitors. Includes extended warranty. A kubota would approach $50k.

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #2  
Rural King, Mahindra, Zetor are all selling rebranded TYM’s. Mahindra sells them with fewer options with their own loader and engines, for a lot more $$. But The others use the exact TYM set up. They are good strong tractors, the only real issue people are having with them is the new display fades quickly and are replaced under warranty. Some Cabela’s locations abandoned their tractors. They are the same as TYM ones with a Woods made loader. TYM bought Kukje machinery, they make Branson tractors. So in the near future you will see the engine in the 55 hp tractor change from the Yanmar to the Kukje built one, which a Cummins design and licensed engine.

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #3  
I have the 554 HST. I love it. Has close to 100 hours on it and it has been great.

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #4  
If they would get in the business and stay there and support their customers they could be just as good as any...but they gotta prove themselves.

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #5  
If they would get in the business and stay there and support their customers they could be just as good as any...but they gotta prove themselves.

after watching the Morgans testing out the new RK 55 hp cab tractor. I remembered checking out a 553 TYM in person back in 2008 and thought the new tractor had shrunk?

Was looking at the specs and thinking maybe TYM has downsized their 55 hp tractors in the newest versions

the older 553 and the newer 554 55 hp tractors

Big changes in the tires according to tractor data -

553 TYM 11.2 x 20 front 14.9 x 30 rear tire

554 TYM 9.5 x 16 front 13.6 x 26 rear tire

new RK 55 H

9.5 x 16 front 14.9 x 24

older TYM 553 tractor wheelbase 83.5 inches
new tractor wheelbase 76.2 inches ? the same as the old 403 TYM?

regardless the new RK cabbed 55 does look like a very nice tractor from the video

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #6  
The old T433 and T503 were identical tractors, the 50 hp just had a bump in hp. It looks like the T553 was a larger tractor. I have never seen or heard of this tractor being in the USA. The next size up was the T603. The T554 and the T503 have the same dimension. I think the T553 was a Cat 2 tractor which most tractors over 50 hp are. The T554 is still a Cat 1 tractor. You have to jump up to the T654 to get Cat 2 in the USA.

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #7  
The old T433 and T503 were identical tractors, the 50 hp just had a bump in hp. It looks like the T553 was a larger tractor. I have never seen or heard of this tractor being in the USA. The next size up was the T603. The T554 and the T503 have the same dimension. I think the T553 was a Cat 2 tractor which most tractors over 50 hp are. The T554 is still a Cat 1 tractor. You have to jump up to the T654 to get Cat 2 in the USA.

My mistake,
Had to go back and check the brochures they gave me when I checked them out,
You are correct.
the tractor I looked at must not have been a 553 It had to have been a 603
10 year memory fade om my part.

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #8  
Thanks to all with all the good detailed information.

Got me thinking, why buy a Cadillac when a Chevy will due. Kubota verses RK tractors. Looks like an excellent price/value combination if the reliability and operator ergonomics match. Plus an eight year power train warranty. One thing that would make me hesitate is a non-existent nation-wide distributorship/dealership network.

RK Tractors

/ RK tractors are made by TYM #9  
I messaged Rural King and asked why they dont sell these tractors at all of their stores (since I had to drive 2 hours just to look at them). They told me that their plan is to eventually have them at all stores. I also asked about trade ins and they said they do not accept trade ins YET. But the tractors look well built. The New Philadelphia, Ohio store I went to said they sold 30 last year and none of them came back. You can also put no money down with 84 month financing, which is pretty hard to find when buying a tractor. Here's a video I took while looking at the tractors and implements at Rural King. RURAL KING TRACTORS AND IMPLEMENT WISH LIST - YouTube

/ RK tractors are made by TYM
Drake,
There is an active thread on this subject in the kubota forum, under kubota operating. The thread title is "outdoors with the morgans" I believe it would be helpful if you posted your comment above and the video for that audience to review. Thanks.