Loader T234 loader slop

/ T234 loader slop #1  

Tiptoo

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T234
Doing some heavy work with my new T234, I have notice excessive side to side slop where the loader pins in the mount. Also a bit on the top mount. I asked the dealer why...he said it would be too hard to mount/dismount the loader if they manufactured it with a smaller gap. Is this slop a problem? I didn't like it...so I put washers in each side. It really helped to keep the loader center.

Any thoughts or opions??? I'm new to tractorin' ..so be gentle! 20180421_142237.jpeg

Last edited:
   / T234 loader slop #2  
You have a piece of farm machinery. Not some high tech operate on the moon rover.

The manufacturing and assembly tolerances are wide and normal.

You are apt to seriously pinch your fingers messing with washers where they are not needed.

Dave M7040

/ T234 loader slop
You have a piece of farm machinery. Not some high tech operate on the moon rover.

The manufacturing and assembly tolerances are wide and normal.

You are apt to seriously pinch your fingers messing with washers where they are not needed.

Dave M7040
For safety...once the loader is on the top mount and then only when it is able to be pinned on the lower mount do I remove the pin and place the washer in. No pinching of the fingers.

Addressing the slop...if I was picking up marshmallows or moon dust in the flat plains of Nebraska ...then I wouldn't have any problems at all. If I pick up an unbalanced load of dirt or rock on my unlevel terrain the loader would shift hard to one side, inside both lower mounts. After the load is dumped, it would stay tweaked in that position until I would lift something heavy enough on the opposing side of the bucket to slam it towards the other direction.

Side to side movement on the upper or lower mounts had me worried that unnecessary wear and tear would eventually affect the operation of my new tractor. (I like to keep things nice and operating like new)

Prior to asking my TYM dealer, I traveled to the competitions lots, looking at JD and Kubota. Their design is obviously different, but appears to have a less likelihood to give in to the side to side play. This is why I questioned it.

Is this side to side movement normal?

Am I using the tractor for things it is not capable of doing? (I love the tractor. It lifts everything with ease.)20180426_202610.jpeg

/ T234 loader slop
I have a T454 and the loader/mounts are tight. No slop or play in anything.
Too much to ask if you can send an up close pic of the gap you have on your lower mount?
Also do you do any heavy lifting on uneven terrain?
When I went to each dealer looking at how the different manufactures mount theirs, I also swung by the TYM dealer and verified the mounting on the other T234s to make sure mine wasn't missing anything. I should have looked at the other models.

/ T234 loader slop #6  
Sorry...don't check in every day and did see your request for photos. But here they are. I can barely move the loader arm on either side in a side-to-side direction. I don't have any issues working it on uneven ground other than I'm not too proficient...but that's not the tractor's fault.

NvagnSF.jpg

Am3kKkK.jpg

/ T234 loader slop
Sorry...don't check in every day and did see your request for photos. But here they are. I can barely move the loader arm on either side in a side-to-side direction. I don't have any issues working it on uneven ground other than I'm not too proficient...but that's not the tractor's fault.

NvagnSF.jpg

Am3kKkK.jpg
Thanks for the reply!!
The pics you sent are great and allow me to compare my loader's lift pivot points to yours.
My slop isn't from the loader itself......but from where it attaches to the mounts on the tractor. Could you please send me 2 pics from the opposite side?? From the cab facing the loader mount where it gets pinned in and the top of the mount where the loader rests.
Greatly appreciated!!

/ T234 loader slop #8  
Doing some heavy work with my new T234, I have notice excessive side to side slop where the loader pins in the mount. Also a bit on the top mount. I asked the dealer why...he said it would be too hard to mount/dismount the loader if they manufactured it with a smaller gap. Is this slop a problem? I didn't like it...so I put washers in each side. It really helped to keep the loader center.

Any thoughts or opions??? I'm new to tractorin' ..so be gentle! View attachment 556596

Farm duty machine doing construction duty.

You are already down the path to tears and expensive repairs. Don't blame the manufacturer or dealer, you've selected the wrong machine for the wrong job and are working it hard to an early grave.

/ T234 loader slop
Farm duty machine doing construction duty.

You are already down the path to tears and expensive repairs. Don't blame the manufacturer or dealer, you've selected the wrong machine for the wrong job and are working it hard to an early grave.
You may be right...it is my 1st tractor that I've owned. I'm not blaming anyone. I truly didn't know it's capabilities except for the advertised specifications.

The issue 1st occurred while digging earth with the bucket to create a ditch. A construction equipment task I'll agree.^^ The loader shifted and stayed to one side at the top and lower mounts. I removed the loader and found what appeared to be a weld bb/ weld slag on the top mount that prevented the loader from going back to center. This was only on the left mount. Both are machined smooth except for that chunk of slag. So it was definitely out of place. I filed it down and remounted the loader. It then went back to center.
I've since bought a box blade and have become very proficient with it.

The 2nd occurrence was hauling downed trees out of the woods. Depending on the uneveness of the ground or the load...the loader would shift. Now I'm looking into a logging winch.

I then added washers to the lower mounts. They truly have prevented the side to side shift thus any twist of the bucket.

I agree....i just didn't expect it and wanted to know if it was normal....or if I was doing thing abnormal. Thanks for the input!

/ T234 loader slop #10  
If is like the t273 I owned and the frame is not broken it soon will be. I repaired my two times before I made sub frame for it.