/ Caterpillar engines #1  

linpat

Silver Member
the tym will have a cat engine in it.

/ Caterpillar engines #2  
Good engines.

Maka

/ Caterpillar engines #3  
So TYM has used or is using Daedong, John Deere, Kubota and now they will use Cat? Interesting. Did I miss any other engines? I guess it isn't terribly unusual for tractors to use other engines, but that is quite a variety in just a couple of years.

Do they ever plan to research, design and produce their own engines? I've heard that a lot of the TYM tractor rear of the engine shares a good deal with Iseki. Is this what would be considered a component tractor?

A small part of the Mahindra lineup we sell is built by TYM, so I know they are decent machines. Just questions, not complaints.

/ Caterpillar engines #4  
Id have to believe that the different distribution companys are specking these different powertrains based on cost and name. While Daedong is a very good engine, Id have to think that that the name reconigion of Deere or Kubota would cost distribution considerly more to produce the same tractor. Mahindra did a great job for developing name reconigion in the US for there products in a very short period of time, Possibally money saved on the Daedong motor was spent on marketing these name and products. I believe that Cat will be used primarily in the K6 series. Id have to think over time that would change. Im sure it will be a great product

/ Caterpillar engines #5  
DavesTractor
From what I understand the full line of OEM TYM tractors marketed here in the USA will eventually be all CAT powered. As to what engines are used in branded tractors I assume that is a decision to be made with the company TYM is branding for. I have been told that the CAT label will be an exclusive for OEM TYM tractors. Any new OEM models from here on out will be CAT powered. Sometime late this year they will begin switching over other existing models to CAT power. Assuming it makes it here in time there will be a completely new 59-60hp (K-6) 24-speed cab tractor at Louisville and I think you will also see it in Tulare. Following the roll out of the 59-60hp K-6 there will be a mid to lower 50 hp version of it. Then sometime late this year there will be a 65hp tractor that looks similar to the current T700 (70hp Deere) but with a Cat engine and a 24-speed transmission.

In regard to the transmissions I have been told although they may share similarities with Iseki they are not Iseki products and TYM does not build transmissions for Iseki. I do not know if there was a relationship in the past.
Come visit with us in Louisville at the National Farm Machinery Show Feb 15-18.
Hope that helps
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Caterpillar engines #6  
Chipperman, The 30 through 40 hp gear drive TYM's are identical part for part with Iseki and Massy. Specificly the Iseki TA series Iseki. For a # of years TYM's were just a relabeled Iseki's. One of the reasons I took on the TYM brand was we were already working on TYM labeled Iseki tractors that were imported greys.

Chipperman, any word yet on whether TYM-America will honor The TYM-USA warranty.

Dave, I remember I put on my web site that the tractors were powered by John Deere and Kubota engines and within a day TYM-USA was on the phone with me demanding that I had to take it off immediately. I think the relationship is/was shaky and they didn’t want Kubota or JD to think of them as a threat and pull their engines. Three years ago one of the first meetings we had with TYM they were nervous about any long term deal with Kubota and JD and asked us between Mitsubishi and Cat what we would like to see. That fall they said all of the next years models would be Cat.
I know I sure liked the JD powered 50 and 70 hp models. So did all the farmers around us we could have sold all the 70hp models we could get, back then we just couldn’t get any.

Buck

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

/ Caterpillar engines #7  
On the Iseki backhalf, I have bought parts for a TA Iseki from TYM, and they are dead on exact. So either things have changed, or Chipperman's info source isn't correct.

I'll be at the World Ag Expo in Tulare and won't be able to make Louisville.

/ Caterpillar engines #8  
I believe that Caterpillar bought Perkins in 1997...so chances are that the modern cats are from that lineage....

Rob

/ Caterpillar engines #9  
I spoke with someone from Iseki a couple or three years ago. They said that they designed and built all of the larger 1200 Masseys in house. About that same time, I looked over the some of the Mahrinda compacts of similar size. Every thing from the engine back was the same. The dash, fenders, transmission case etc. There were some small differences on the attachments but the main parts were Iseki.

/ Caterpillar engines #10  
Friends
I will find out exactly what the story is on Iseki/TYM but it will be after the Farm Machinery Show. As for the warranty question I am confident it will be honored but I will get you and definitive response on that at the same time.
Hope that Helps
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif