New TYM on the way!

/ New TYM on the way!
Hood Open

Attachments

• 869841-hood open.jpg
    869841-hood open.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 452
   / New TYM on the way!
ok, so here's my initial impressions review. There’s a whole 5 hours on the machine now. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I think the tractor is going to be just about the perfect size for my needs. It will zig zag around the flower beds and turn pretty tight. It is light enough that it doesn’t disturb the turf much, even after multiple passes through the same spot. My wife has already nicknamed it “LRM” (little red mule) because it has a lot more “umph” than it’s appearance suggests (or maybe because the stubborn guy who was operating it??).

So far, I have been moving piles or rocks/stone and cut up trees, pushing through briars and multiflora rose about 6’-8’ high and pushing over small trees that need thinned out. I haven’t run any PTO implements yet, but I would guess it to have plenty of power to run a 5’ brush hog. I’ve been pretty easy on the engine so far, not running it above 2000 RPM. I really haven’t had any reason to either. At that setting, I can hook the front bucket on a tree root, curl the bucket and lift the back wheels off the ground without the engine bogging at all. I knew I would most likely need a ballast box on the back to get the most out of the loader, and will have my uncle weld one up for me. That’s ok though cause without it I can tool around the yard all day without tearing it up, and that was important for me. I’ve had no trouble, with just ballasted rear tires, going up and down the hill with a heaped bucket of mulch and stone without any trouble though.

Stuff I like:

A lot of engine for the size of the tractor.

The control layout is well thought out. I especially like the loader control and throttle location.

Two pedal hydro is easy to get used to and control. (this is the first hydro that I’ve run)

Not too big for around the bed paths, not too small for bigger jobs (with a little more weight hooked up.)

Style is pretty sharp looking. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

While this unit was more than some others I looked at, the 5 year 0% financing made it about the same price as getting a lower priced model and using my banks interest rate for financing. I couldn’t do only 24 or 30 months at 0% either….Too big of a payment.

Stuff that could be better:

The seat belt isn’t very convenient to hook. It could use a 6” extension on the latch end. The belt end is fine.

Size 13 steel toe boots don’t fit between the brake pedals and the differential lock pedal without either being under the brake pedals or resting on the differential lock. If the brakes were a few inches forward that would be great. Size 13 sneakers fit in there fine. I’ve been told more than once that my feet are too big though.

The seat suspension could be better. It works fine, but the one on the Kioti is 10 times better. That seems like the last place to skimp. If I’m using the tractor, you can bet my can is in that seat, so it would be nice to have the best one. As long as I’m not driving fast on bumpy terrain, it does just fine though.

All in all, I'm really happy with it so far!

/ New TYM on the way! #13  
She sure is a beauty! Thanks for the pics. Keep us posted on your adventures with her.

/ New TYM on the way!
All is well except I found out that the cruise control needs to be fixed. Just tried it for the first time the other day and it slowly eases off to a stop after about 30 secs. I don't know anything about how it works, but it would seem that it should be something that would just require an adjustment. I'm just going to have them look at it when they do the first service on her. I doubt I will ever use it much, just was trying to test everything out.

I hope to do some burning and grubbing this weekend and should be able to get some more pics if the weather cooperates.

/ New TYM on the way!
Well, here we are trying to get some drainage pipe in before the next big soaking tomorrow. I've been trying to get an area dried up so I can bush hog it a few times a year. It's really wet all the time due to some springs near by and runoff from a hill. I finally decided to throw a few pipes in to help it out. I'm not sure that this will solve the problem, but hopefully it will dry it up enough that I can get in there to do it right.

Attachments

• 884033-pipe.jpg
    884033-pipe.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 380
   / New TYM on the way!
gettin in the squishy. Now I just need about another 10 ton of stone to cover the pipe and some fill too.

Attachments

• 884039-DSC2789.jpg
    884039-DSC2789.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 390
   / New TYM on the way! #18  
The only time I use cruise control is when I'm rototilling. It helps maintain a slow, consistent crawl. When you want it, it's handy. That K2 looks real nice.

/ New TYM on the way! #19  
That is nice looking.

Maka

/ New TYM on the way! #20  
Cool! Glad to see you're getin' her dirty. You look like you're having fun. Quite impressive in the mud, there. Are your're tires loaded?

Make sure you get that cruise fixed. It is outstanding for relieving fatique for any long-run chores, like bush-hogging, plowing, etc. where you are holding the HST pedal steady for long periods of time.

I'm not sure how cruise works on the TYM. On my JD it's purely mechanical - little latch that grabs and hold the hst pedal in position. But, if I barely touch the HST pedal, or the brakes, it disengages - doesn't take much movement at all of the HST.

Good luck with the drainage. Looks like quite the job!

Tom