TYM-America vs TYM-USA - What gives?

/ TYM-America vs TYM-USA - What gives?
coasterez -
I'll have to take the time to do a more side-by-side look at them. You are right, the "sleek" design sure does make it look smaller. I should have thougt to look at the loader manual for the specs - I have the tractor specs already.

Quoted prices right now for the CK20 with FEL are running $13,600 with R4's - that has been from three different dealers, so I don't expect it to change (except go up when I'm actually finally ready to purchase :mad: ). The actual quoted "ad flyer" prices for the T233 was $13,950. T273 was exactly $1k more. The BH was "about $5500 more" to quote the dealer. I'll have to research what is/is not included in those prices, such as rear remotes and such. I'll also have to give Valley View a call - since they've been recommended by a couple of people here. If the specs for size, etc, are closer or better, then that seems reasonable, but not real attention-grabbing...especially when considering the issues with dealer network and relative unknown brand name (equals uncertain potential resale/depreciation). And when the financing is added to the mix, it is even less attractive. As I said, I'll have to look closer.

I'm also curious to see where Montana places their prices, add-on features, and financing when they actually start selling their branded T2334 and T2734, which are green painted TYM's. I learned a long time ago that it is really easy to be color blind as long as you know the quality inside is what it should be. And, on the other side of that coin, there is a lot of stuff out there that is getting more market share than it deserves simply because it is riding on the reputation that it's paint color has. I've run into it with woodworking machinery just like I've seen it while tractor shopping.

PBinWA -
I have to agree on Clark (and Cowlitz) county dealers. I'm not impressed so far. Seems that all they want to do is sell what they've got in stock, talk down about everything else (including the same brand, if they don't have the model in stock), and do everything half-assed. I've even had one tell me that there are no such things as "model years" with tractors (like cars), and that it doesn't matter if the one they are trying to sell me was manufactured in 2004 or 2005! While I know they don't change a ton of features like they do on cars every year, to me it still sounds like someone that wants to unload inventory they've been sitting on too long, but don't want to reduce the price. I'm not in the mood to buy something that has been sitting in the rain and weather for two years and consider it "new" - I'm spending too much money for that.

I've had good responses from dealers north, but haven't looked south yet too much. My research right now is limited to phone and email conversations, and the occasional tire-kicking when I get a chance to be out and about and drive by a dealer, (and this forum to great extents) to get the specs and the quoted prices recorded so I can do a good analysis of needs versus wants, as well as what units are out there that will fit into those categories. We actually went to a family reunion Sunday in Mount Angel and I was impressed at the number of dealers you see in all the little towns once you get off the I-5 and start venturing out into the agricultural lands. Reminds me of the Palouse (Pullman, WA and Moscow, ID) area near where I grew up - seems there's a tractor dealer within 2 miles of every homestead. :)

Anyway, once the paper research is done, then comes the financial planning and timing to get the proper funds allocated for making down payments, monthly payments, adding implements, etc. When I get my better half fully on board and we have made sure that the financing is right, then I'll be on a mad crusade to drive every tractor in my "short list" that is in stock within 100 miles! :p That's when I'll be making the final decision, so I'm sure as that time approaches I'll be making many more posts here.

/ TYM-America vs TYM-USA - What gives? #12  
For the official information on TYM Tractors and Products please go to our Official Site.
The Official TYM Tractors Website

If you are outside of the United States of America please visit our corporate site.
http://www.tym.co.kr

We strive to provide the best tractors to our customers.
"Tomorrows technology in todays tractors."

/ TYM-America vs TYM-USA - What gives? #13  
coasterez -
I'll have to take the time to do a more side-by-side look at them. You are right, the "sleek" design sure does make it look smaller. I should have thougt to look at the loader manual for the specs - I have the tractor specs already.

Quoted prices right now for the CK20 with FEL are running $13,600 with R4's - that has been from three different dealers, so I don't expect it to change (except go up when I'm actually finally ready to purchase :mad: ). The actual quoted "ad flyer" prices for the T233 was $13,950. T273 was exactly $1k more. The BH was "about $5500 more" to quote the dealer. I'll have to research what is/is not included in those prices, such as rear remotes and such. I'll also have to give Valley View a call - since they've been recommended by a couple of people here. If the specs for size, etc, are closer or better, then that seems reasonable, but not real attention-grabbing...especially when considering the issues with dealer network and relative unknown brand name (equals uncertain potential resale/depreciation). And when the financing is added to the mix, it is even less attractive. As I said, I'll have to look closer.

I'm also curious to see where Montana places their prices, add-on features, and financing when they actually start selling their branded T2334 and T2734, which are green painted TYM's. I learned a long time ago that it is really easy to be color blind as long as you know the quality inside is what it should be. And, on the other side of that coin, there is a lot of stuff out there that is getting more market share than it deserves simply because it is riding on the reputation that it's paint color has. I've run into it with woodworking machinery just like I've seen it while tractor shopping.

PBinWA -
I have to agree on Clark (and Cowlitz) county dealers. I'm not impressed so far. Seems that all they want to do is sell what they've got in stock, talk down about everything else (including the same brand, if they don't have the model in stock), and do everything half-assed. I've even had one tell me that there are no such things as "model years" with tractors (like cars), and that it doesn't matter if the one they are trying to sell me was manufactured in 2004 or 2005! While I know they don't change a ton of features like they do on cars every year, to me it still sounds like someone that wants to unload inventory they've been sitting on too long, but don't want to reduce the price. I'm not in the mood to buy something that has been sitting in the rain and weather for two years and consider it "new" - I'm spending too much money for that.

I've had good responses from dealers north, but haven't looked south yet too much. My research right now is limited to phone and email conversations, and the occasional tire-kicking when I get a chance to be out and about and drive by a dealer, (and this forum to great extents) to get the specs and the quoted prices recorded so I can do a good analysis of needs versus wants, as well as what units are out there that will fit into those categories. We actually went to a family reunion Sunday in Mount Angel and I was impressed at the number of dealers you see in all the little towns once you get off the I-5 and start venturing out into the agricultural lands. Reminds me of the Palouse (Pullman, WA and Moscow, ID) area near where I grew up - seems there's a tractor dealer within 2 miles of every homestead. :)

Anyway, once the paper research is done, then comes the financial planning and timing to get the proper funds allocated for making down payments, monthly payments, adding implements, etc. When I get my better half fully on board and we have made sure that the financing is right, then I'll be on a mad crusade to drive every tractor in my "short list" that is in stock within 100 miles! :p That's when I'll be making the final decision, so I'm sure as that time approaches I'll be making many more posts here.

Also the TYM warranty iirc is longer. Go read up on them in the T273 section here most of us owners have given fairly lengthy reviews. My two choices were also the CK20 and the TYM the TYM was WAY more maneuverable and had the same BH.

I've worked mine pretty hard and it's been up to every task. The ergonomics are way better also. I love the two pedal setup. The CK has a much better paint job and thats something TYM lacks. Its a crying shame they can't paint them correctly.

Reading that TYM_Korea ....Get the paint jobs done properly and load it on .....half these dealers leave them in the rain,snow .....under trees. I just re-painted some of the areas that required it. Battery box the grill screws and clips.

/ TYM-America vs TYM-USA - What gives? #14  
I agree great tractor.....but the paint job really needs help!

/ TYM-America vs TYM-USA - What gives? #15  
What exactly is a CK20?

LC,
The specs are on the TYM-America Web sight:
Tym-America.com

The CK20 does weigh more. Other than that, I believe the specs are very comparable, and in some cases better than the CK20. Its wider, more than a foot shorter, and therefore more stable. It can lift more on the 3 ph, and has the same hydraulic capacities. It even has a tiny bit more ground clearance. The short wheelbase and sleek design just make it look smaller. It's simply a more modern design. What I found was that the TYM is way more manueverable. And if this is a concern, the TYM is the better choice. Don't forget that the TYM also has considerably more hp - a far superior mowing machine.

There are only two drawbacks with the TYM. Dealer network and price. The TYM is priced too high, thousands more than a CK20. Pricing is on par with a JD 2520, which is also a very nice machine. But, if you've got the change to spend, the TYM is the better machine IMHO. But, the CK is the best value. I don't think you could go wrong with either one, though.