TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610

/ TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610 #1  

gelarson

I'm trying to decide on my 1st tractor for about 8 acres, some hilly wooded and some flat/wooded/grass general landscaping/cleanup/pathbuilding. It's really down to the kubota b7610/7800 or the TYM 233/273. I like the TYM for the size/weight/lift capacities/quick detach bucket but I am concerned about not getting the kubota /reputation/resale/parts availability etc. Has anybody had there's for a while or put a lot of hours on it and can comment on reliability etc? My other concern is the deviation in some of the specs/warranty between different sources (ie web/brochure). I have seen and been told two different weights (1654 & 1907) for the base tractor so it makes me question all the other specs. Also the warranty on the web says 1st 2 yrs bumper to bumper and dealer says web is wrong , only 1 yr b to b. Thanks for any input.

/ TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610 #2  
I cannot answer your questions directly but both tractors have good reputations. The TYM is by far the more modern design but nobody beats Kubota for reliabiility and service network. By the way, the Kioti CK20 competes pretty directly with these two tractors... fewer HP but more weight. Did you consider it? Kioti has a dealer network somewhere in the middle of the Kubota and TYM.

/ TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610
I did check out the kioti ck20 but its about the same price as kubota with about the same specs. The TYM specs are impressive but I think the lack of reputation/parts/service/longevity questions are leading me back to Kubota.

/ TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610 #4  
IslandTractor said:
Kioti has a dealer network somewhere in the middle of the Kubota and TYM.

I don't believe this is correct. The estimates I've seen put Kioit at about 100 less dealers than TYM. You'd never know that from internet posts, but those are the industry figures.

/ TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610
Well I have ruled out the TYM and decided to go with the Kubota. Being a newbie to tractors I decided to stick with the proven track record of the Kubota line. I really liked the features/capabilities of the T273 but just couldnt convince myself. I made one last trip to the dealer and upon close inspection noticed a couple things that bugged me. The exhaust pipe was rattling like crazy because a bracket weld had broken since my last visit. The hoses on the loader had some bend radiuses too small for their size and had already begun to split the outer rubber sleeve. The seat belt was positioned in a way that made it hard to fasten unless you reversed the buckle. None of these things were major issues but look like things that need to be addressed. I think this will end up being a great tractor because it fits a hole in the other brands line with more weight (but not excessive) and great lift capacities but still in the smaller frame size. Maybe it will be my next tractor.

/ TYM 273 vs Kubota 7610 #6  
gelarson said:
I did check out the kioti ck20 but its about the same price as kubota with about the same specs. .

The Kubota has a few extra HP but the Kioti is heavier and has a stronger loader. I'd personally choose the Kubota if I were mostly mowing and the Kioti for tasks where weight and loader are an advantage. The Kioti also has position control and a suspension seat which the Kubota lacks. And, it is a newer design. I'd be surprised if the 7610/LA352 did not cost more than the CK20/KL120 which usually competes in price more with the 7510/LA302.