Oil & Fuel Fuel consumption with the 603

/ Fuel consumption with the 603 #1  

elkun1

Tractor
TYM 603
Finally got to do some work with my new 603 today. Stopped and totally fueled the tractor on the way then worked it for 3.2 hrs on the meter. According to my watch i ran it slightly more than that. Start time was 7.5hrs and it now shows 10.7 hrs, it took 2.58 gallons to refill it. I even shook the tractor figuring there must air in the tank, but couldn't fit anymore in. I was pulling a FHM grader, it was filling it enough i had to use 4wd so it was working it some. I think i'm liking this tractor more everytime i use it. Elevation was about 4600'. Using my jd4310 on the same grader it was approx. .6 gal/hr. I think doubling my horsepower and hardly any more fuel consumption plus the comfort of the cab was money well spent. If i get to use the snowblower i'll post to this thread on what it's using then. Ron sw.mt.

/ Fuel consumption with the 603 #2  
Did you get that tractor from Darrell and Jackie? They are friends of mine and excellent to work with. I know they are selling quit a few of them. That is one nice tractor.

Awesome machine, keep us updated?

Maka

/ Fuel consumption with the 603
Good afternoon Maka,
Yes, I got it from Darrell. I went in figuring on a 5740 and ended up with the tym. Sounds like you guys got some moisture up there, hope everything is high and dry for you. Ron sw.mt.

/ Fuel consumption with the 603 #4  
Darrell is a good guy. That is a nice machine you got, I like it a lot. Yes, we got dumped on last night and it looks like more snow through Wednesday.

Thanks,
Maka