pictures of my tractor

/ pictures of my tractor #1  
hi
just wanted to post a few pictures of my new tractor but it says files are too big how do i change this so i can send pictures? thanks for any help

/ pictures of my tractor #2  
mighty mississippi said:
hi
just wanted to post a few pictures of my new tractor but it says files are too big how do i change this so i can send pictures? thanks for any help

You may right click on the picture file and display the properties. You will see the size of pic in Kilo byte (1kilo=1000 bytes) or Megabyte (1meg=1000,000 bite). if you use a typical 3 to 4 meg digital camera and using JPEG protocol (pic with .jpeg file extension) then the pic size will be about 1.2 to 1.6 megs. JPEG is a compression protocol. Most camera's sensor resolution is 150 or 300 dots per inch with aspect ration of 2 to 3 (that's why most pictures are printed 4"x6").

Saying all that then you Will need now to make your pictures smaller and it can be done by resizing. Many many applications have option to resize including the simplest of them Microsoft photo editor. Look at whatever program you use to view picture, and most likely you have an option to resize the pic. I recommend when you resize a pic do not modify the original picture. Make yourself a temporary folder any where on your computer that you like and when you resize let say photo abc then save it as abc-1 or whatever you want in the temporary folder. Resize the pics to aboout 70 to 120 Kilobyte depending if you have dial up or high speed internet access to post or attach the picture to forum. Please let me know if you have any questions.:)