VENTRAC

/ VENTRAC #1  

BKBrown

Gold Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4231 Gas
I've got the Ventrac 4200 Gas 31 HP -- Love the tractor and the Snow Blower is worth it's weight in gold ! We are in Madison, VA and this last batch of snow would have had us and all our neighbors buried for quite a while. this tractor has plowed out all the neighbors and the road (even though it is a state road was not plowed for 3 days) with over 20" of snow.

Ventrac.com

/ VENTRAC #2  
I will probably buy a Ventrac this spring. Did you give much thought to the engine options? I am leaning towards the non turbocharged diesel but would like to hear any thought on it.

/ VENTRAC #3  
I will probably buy a Ventrac this spring. Did you give much thought to the engine options? I am leaning towards the non turbocharged diesel but would like to hear any thought on it.
I have had a non turbo diesel for about 2 1/2 years. I like it. Downside is the tires are not as tough as the machine. Lots of flats. I would recommend the turf tires. They are heavier than the all terrain type. I run singles. Duals might help as there would be less weight on each tire. But it would be worse to change an inside tire.

/ VENTRAC
I've had the 4231 (now have my 2nd 4231) since 2004 and over 930 hours and only 1 flat with the Field Trax tires (big cut that probably would have got most any tire). I have run singles and duals in all kinds of situations. I can't immagine how you get so many flats ????? Is it punctures, cuts, bead seat problems ??? Actually changing the inside set when the duals are installed would not be much harder than just the singles. The Duals go on and come off easily !

/ VENTRAC #5  
Never had any flats here, over 2k hours. Maybe the squirrels keep coming into your yard and laying spike strips so you can't mow over all of their acorns :laughing:

/ VENTRAC #6  
Never had any flats here, over 2k hours. Maybe the squirrels keep coming into your yard and laying spike strips so you can't mow over all of their acorns :laughing:

lol!

I have never had a flat either. I haven't even had to pump up a tire yet for low pressure. Maybe I am just lucky.

/ VENTRAC
I haven't seen any reply on what was causing the flats that Dbargen was talking about. :confused:

I had the same concern before getting my first Ventrac, but have not seen the need for that concern and am happy with the tires !

/ VENTRAC #8  
I use the front loader and the mulch bucket and am driving on paved parking areas most of the time. The all terrain tires tend to suck the chips as they flex and the chips will go right thru the thin rubber of those tires. Also have had occasional thorns, wire, nails. The chips put a rather large hole which is not easily patched without a tube. The turf tires are heavier rubber and don't flex as much. The weight of the tractor with the front loader already overloads the ratings of the ATV tires, not even counting what you put in the bucket. It would be nice to have a heavier tire available. I even have had brush stubs puncture an atv tire after i mowed down the brush!
- Dale

I haven't seen any reply on what was causing the flats that Dbargen was talking about. :confused:

I had the same concern before getting my first Ventrac, but have not seen the need for that concern and am happy with the tires !