New Ventrac 4200 TD...

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD... #1  

ruster1

Tractor
VENTRAC 4200 31HP TD
After my demo 2 weeks ago I was sold on the Ventrac 4200TD (31 HP Turbo Deisel) with dual wheel kit. The demo only had a 60" deck, but I ordered a Demo 72" deck since I need to cut with the duals. I was able to get the free slip scoup which will be nice for hauling mulch and gravel and other small jobs. I also got the 60" blade for my 600' driveway which is all downhill and is a bear in the winter time. I have been very surprised by the power and hill climbing adventure since I moved alot of earth from behind the house to the front to create a plateau (hence the 30 deg slopes and beds to cut around).. I was used to my Simplicity cut with the rollers and dragged deck.. but have to say.. VERY HAPPY with the cut.. throws clipping much better and even in wet grass.. rollers on the Ventrac HM722 deck work very well.. and no scalping.. my lawn is uphill all the way, about 3.5 acres to cut and with some serious slopes.. still getting used to the articulating steering but it is a dream to handle.. the floating option makes a great cut.. I am getting the optional foot pedal controller in case I want to take some strain off my right arm with the SDLA controller.. or for easier backing up.. (when on a hill and backing up.. have to pull a bit to move the SDLA.. very happy so far.. got the more expensive TD engine.. but the extra torque is handy for my place.. I may look to purchse the empty pasture behind me and get a rough cut deck for it.. Love this machine.. cant wait for snow season ! ! .. AWD articulating.. will not need chains and spare my driveway and stamped concrete from scuffs..
Here are a few pics.. I put her in park on the hills to take some pics.. I was making figure 8's on the slopes to cut around these beds.. NO PROBLEMS..!!

Attachments

• 100_0457A.jpg
    100_0457A.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 100_0463A.jpg
    100_0463A.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,667
  • 100_0464A.jpg
    100_0464A.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 771
  • 100_0471A.jpg
    100_0471A.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 540
  • 100_0468A.jpg
    100_0468A.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 585
  • 100_0458A.jpg
    100_0458A.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:
   / New Ventrac 4200 TD... #2  
Get the two stage snowblower if you want to move the snow into the next neighbor's yard. It's awesome.

I have the loader attachment for mine. Very expensive but worth it for the functionality it gives you.

Steve with a Steiner 420.

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD...
Steve, - with the front loader.. can you also use it for post hole digging etc.. did you need any additional front electrical or hydraulics for it in addition?.. Have to admit.. would love to have the ability to move earth.. as well for adding major lengths of fencing.. I know the collection vac system is very expensive also.. does the Cyclone Rake have a fit for this STEINER/VENTRAC design?..

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD... #4  
No post hole digging for me. I rent one from Home Depot for that. It uses the axillary connections for it I believe.

Don't know much about the cyclone rake. Guessing it's for landscapers. I did my front yard by hand lol. It was a 2 week job. Used the Steiner for moving the dirt and spreading it out along with the mushroom manure. Sure made the front yard pretty for sure ! lol

I have the blower attachment for leaf control. Man it'll blow the leaves into the next county. It is unreal. I then just run the mower deck over them and grind them up in place for next years fertilizer. Worked pretty well last year. Blew them from the front yard over the hill and ground them all up to nothing with the mower deck on the Ford Tractor.

Steve

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD...
Steve, thanks for the information.. the blower seems like a nice option.. are you using the standard blower or the turbine blower.. which I believe is BIG $$$..

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD... #6  
Hi Ruster and other Ventrac Fans,

Great to hear you are happy with your Ventrac. :thumbsup:

We are accepting stories from "Top Ventrac Fans" on our website: and would love to feature you:
Ventrac - Customer Testimonials

I cannot speak to whether a Cyclone Rake can be modified to work with Ventrac, but I have seen Ventrac Owners modify other products to to work in this capacity:
Lawn_Vacuuming_on_28_Degree_Slope.jpg

Ventrac offers the Vacuum Collection System, as you mentioned, for this purpose:
YouTube - Ventrac RV600 VACUUM COLLECTION SYSTEM

If you have other Ventrac related questions, please let me know.

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD...
Thanks Denver,

I purchased my unit from Ken Franchack AL&G in Western PA.. great guy.. I know the unit you speak of but is a bit more than I need (I do like the attachment to the hitch for backing up purposes).. but the hydraulic lift and empty is a bit more commercial than I need for my property.. is why the cyclone rake which folds up when not in use is a nice option.. even the AGRIFAB unit is not bad.. but the feed tubes may need to be modified..

I will have to stop in to Orrville Ohio sometime to see the factory.. I travel in that area for business often..

Many thanks,,
Brian

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD... #8  
I'll have to make a video of the Steiner blower in action. Last fall i was blowing the leaves with the wind. It would take them and cycle them up into the air about 100ft up ! It was a tornado of leaves !

Steve

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD...
Steve,

That would be helpful.. I guess I could really use it to clear the leaves from the beds and around the house.. and ultimately suck them up in a VAC system off the grass.. my wife likes a clean ship.. and I have plenty of woods to dump the clippings..

Brian

/ New Ventrac 4200 TD... #10  
You can't get near the house with this thing. It'll blow the bushes out of the mulch and all the mulch out. BTDT with mine.

Steve