How to Add Lights on Ventrac 3000

/ How to Add Lights on Ventrac 3000 #1  

dnrsslr

I have a Ventrac 3000 with snow blower. The snow blower tends to block a lot of the light from the headlight. Particularly when the blower is raised. Has anyone else added an additional headlight(s?) to a 3000? What type of mounting frame did you use?

/ How to Add Lights on Ventrac 3000 #2  
Wiring aux lighting isn’t a problem it is getting the lights you want mounted the way you want them.
Do you have a pic or two ?

/ How to Add Lights on Ventrac 3000
See this link for the model 3000 that I have: Ventrac 3000 Powerunits If you click on "Video Clip" on the right side, the picture in the top right corner changes to show the 3000 with the snow blower on it. You need to use this link to get to the older tractors, if just use ventrac.com, you will see the newer 3121 and 3223D rather than the 3000 I have.

This link: Ventrac - Customer Testimonials shows a 3000 with a ROPS and the light mounted there. (click on the picture in the top right to enlarge it) That would be nice but a little excessive just to mount a light! :)

/ How to Add Lights on Ventrac 3000 #4  
If it was me and I was using this machine Ventrac
I would add a ROPS and a small front bar.
Warning lights on the ROPS and head lights on the frt bar.

The frt bar could be 1 or 1.5" tubular with two 90s and flat plates on each end for mounting; made high enough for the light from head lights to shine over the equipment you are using.

Head Lights on the ROPS will spread out the light too much, especially if snow blowing, the snow will reflect the light and blind you more than help.

Just thinking out loud.

/ How to Add Lights on Ventrac 3000
If it was me and I was using this machine Ventrac
I would add a ROPS and a small front bar.
Warning lights on the ROPS and head lights on the frt bar.

The frt bar could be 1 or 1.5" tubular with two 90s and flat plates on each end for mounting; made high enough for the light from head lights to shine over the equipment you are using.

Head Lights on the ROPS will spread out the light too much, especially if snow blowing, the snow will reflect the light and blind you more than help.

Just thinking out loud.

Finally did something about this. It's not the nicest looking mounting job but it was quick and it works!
Lights 3.jpgLights 2.jpgLights 1.jpg