New Ventrac Videos on YouTube

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #1  

ventrac

Tractor
Ventrac 4500Y
Ventrac just released two new YouTube videos following a shoot with long time Ventrac owner, Jack Wiley (JackIL). Jack is a frequent visitor and contributor to the TractorByNet forum and has made over 500 posts since joining the forum in the year 2000. These are the new clips:

Slope Mowing with Ventrac - Jack Wiley explains why Ventrac all wheel drive compact articulating tractors excel on slopes. Wiley explains why Ventrac is safer and causes less turf damage on slopes than other tractors. This clip also explains safety requirements for slope operation. Wiley is a retired engineer and currently resides in Moline, IL where he manages his property with slopes up to 28 degrees.

More Than a Mower - Jack Wiley describes how he uses his Ventrac for much more than mowing steep grades. Wiley owns over 35 attachments that he uses with his Ventrac. "It is a hobby," Wiley says. "It's a passion. I'm a tractor guy." Wiley is a retired engineer and currently resides in Moline, IL where he manages his property and helps out his neighbors, church, and a nearby wetland preserve.

To see these and more recent Ventrac video releases, visit the Ventrac Compact Tractors YouTube Channel or click on the links above.

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #3  
I now have my 2nd 4231 Gas and am loving this tractor -- the first one was great and everything I have seen that is slightly different so far is an improvement (stronger, better, easier, more responsive) I would have said that making my first 4231 better was hard to do, but Ventrac has made Great even better !

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #5  
Samurai is interesting, Do you know what hydraulic ports it uses on the Ventrac ?

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #6  
The Samurai Mower attaches to the loader on any tractor. To power it on my Ventrac, I purchased the Ventrac control valve kit used on the Ventrac Power Auger accessory for the Versa-Loader. You don't have to purchase the entire auger accessory--just the control valve, hoses and couplers. This provides power to run the hydraulic motor on the Samurai. The Samurai actually should be run very slowly--they recommend it be run so that you can see the knife sections without it being a blur. So when cutting the engine is actually idled down to almost minimum speed. This is a great setup for trimming the sides of trails or paths.

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #7  
Cool videos!

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #8  
Thanks for the answer ! Where do the controls mount ? {I love my Ventrac}
The Samurai Mower attaches to the loader on any tractor. To power it on my Ventrac, I purchased the Ventrac control valve kit used on the Ventrac Power Auger accessory for the Versa-Loader. You don't have to purchase the entire auger accessory--just the control valve, hoses and couplers. This provides power to run the hydraulic motor on the Samurai. The Samurai actually should be run very slowly--they recommend it be run so that you can see the knife sections without it being a blur. So when cutting the engine is actually idled down to almost minimum speed. This is a great setup for trimming the sides of trails or paths.

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #9  
The auxiliary valve mounts on the left mast of the Versa-Loader just to the left of the main loader joystick valve. The main valve has power beyond outlet and inlet ports that are connected to the auxiliary valve. This valve kit provided by Ventrac is used to control the power auger accessory for the Versa-Loader. It consists of the plumbing connecting the power beyond ports to the auxiliary valve, the auxiliary valve itself, the 2 hoses running along the left loader arm to the front cross bar and an "out" quick coupler and an "in" quick coupler. See first photo. The pressure gauge is my own installation and not provided by Ventrac. The Samurai does not come with any hoses or couplers. I purchased the mating couplers from Ventrac and the hydraulic hoses from a local hydraulics shop. See second photo.

Attachments

• P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 606
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 2,214
   / New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #10  
Thanks Jack,
I guess I would need to find a different location (If I got one) since I don't have the loader.
I use the excavator bucket.
I'd be looking more to extend it and use it for inside of the pond dam bank.

I would love a long sycle bar, but most that I have seen run around $5,000 -- too much for the use it would get.