3223 owners

/ 3223 owners #1  

Iowa2305

I currently have a 2305 Deere with 62" mower and 47" snowblower. I am entertaining the thoughts of trading it for a 3223 diesel with mower and snowblower. Who has one that can share some first hand experience, in and outs, and possibly current pricing. I only know of one dealer close that is about 1.5 hours away from where I live in Iowa. The Deere is paid off and I would like to think that I wouldn't have to give too much to step into the little diesel Ventrac. The 4000 series is way to big for my use. Mow about 2-3 acres and blow snow on 2-3 cement driveways. Don't know too much about side discharge vs rear. Been watching about every video on Youtube out there. Travel a lot so will try and see the dealers out there in my travels to physically see one. Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

/ 3223 owners #2  
Sorry I only know the 4000 series. Even though they are bigger, they do scale down with motor sizes and options. If cost is a factor, the gas ones are less expensive, and may better suit your needs. I had a gas VT and I would probably prefer it in the winter if I was doing snow blowing with it.

Best of luck in your search.

/ 3223 owners
Going this week to Minneapolis to look at a 3223 at Cushmans. They have one on their showroom floor.

/ 3223 owners #4  
I currently have a 2305 Deere with 62" mower and 47" snowblower. I am entertaining the thoughts of trading it for a 3223 diesel with mower and snowblower. Who has one that can share some first hand experience, in and outs, and possibly current pricing. I only know of one dealer close that is about 1.5 hours away from where I live in Iowa. The Deere is paid off and I would like to think that I wouldn't have to give too much to step into the little diesel Ventrac. The 4000 series is way to big for my use. Mow about 2-3 acres and blow snow on 2-3 cement driveways. Don't know too much about side discharge vs rear. Been watching about every video on Youtube out there. Travel a lot so will try and see the dealers out there in my travels to physically see one. Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

I don't personally have a 3223, but my buddy does and I must say, it is a sweet machine! I have a larger 4000 series.
He has the 60" side discharge deck, snow blower, and 60" blade.
If I had a less acreage and smaller hills, I would probably get the 3223. Riding his, it takes a 25 degree hill like a champ and it does amazing with snow. He usually just uses the blade with the poly edge on it and flies down his cement drive with it. Get the knobby tires though if you want to push snow, they give a lot better grip. Quick and easy but when we get 1-2ft of snow, he puts on the snow blower to throw the snow farther so it doesn't stack up by the drive. I like the out-front view of it a lot. It does not have all of the attachments the larger one has, but it sounds perfect for what you are describing and has most everything anyone will ever need. As far as maintenance, I think he has just done the regular oil changes and has had zero issues. It also starts very well in the cold winter, very impressed!
I think you would be thrilled with the 3223, Ventrac is a great company, family owned and operated and made in the USA!!! :thumbsup:

/ 3223 owners
Thanks for the info. Still have to get the Mrs. on board with decision. Really like the 2305 but don't have any 3 point attachments that would dictate that I keep it. Really want only a great mower and snowblower. Slip scoop would be great too. If you wouldn't mind, could you ask your friend ball park he paid for it with those attachments? Thanks again.

/ 3223 owners #6  
Thanks for the info. Still have to get the Mrs. on board with decision. Really like the 2305 but don't have any 3 point attachments that would dictate that I keep it. Really want only a great mower and snowblower. Slip scoop would be great too. If you wouldn't mind, could you ask your friend ball park he paid for it with those attachments? Thanks again.

He said he would double check, but from what he remembers, he got the tractor, mower deck and blade, for the cost of the tractor retail (which is something like $13,500 roughly)
So that was a good deal, then he received a $200 rebate towards another attachment from the factory and then got the snowblower for around $3200.
Everything was new, I don't think there are many tractors that are used that are available for sale, but some dealers may have at least the attachments used and you could get a good deal on those.
All of the Ventrac attachments are built very heavy and should last you a lifetime so I would not shy away from getting a used attachment or two if they are available. If you can find a used 3223, as long as the previous owner maintained it, you could get a sweet deal on that too!
Best thing though, see if your dealer can give you a good deal on a bundle, they are much more willing to work on the price :thumbsup:

/ 3223 owners #7  
Still have to get the Mrs. on board with decision.

Not sure if the Mrs. likes to drive tractors, but the 3223 is a fun little unit to ride and feels very comfortable for inexperienced operators. Take her along to a demo and have her take a ride. Maybe she'll start taking your mowing job :laughing: My wife likes my friends 3223, wants me to get one for her to use :D

/ 3223 owners #8  
Hello all

I have a 3223 and love it. In the winter this is a plowing machine. I used to use an ATV but switched to the this a few years ago. The manuverability is fantastic.:)

Would love to get a 4000 series at some point.

/ 3223 owners #9  
Hello Ventrac owners

I had some time this morning and wanted to post the equipment I have and some of the mods I have made. Someone asked about some forks I made a long time ago and I never got back to him. The forks are gone but they worked well around the yard and are easy to fabricate. I used some 1 inch square bar and welded brackets to the top which slid over the front arms on the ventrac lift. They worked well for picking up logs but I wanted something flatter I could use as a make shift forklift. What I have now is the 2 in 1 and I welded a plate of steel across the bottom. I probably could have made it cheaper but the 2 in 1 is sure put together well. please see attached photo.

With one of the other pictures I am trying to show some wings I made for my plow. The plow already had holes but I could not find plow wings anywhere. I bent up some angle iron and formed some plate steel. The black piece you see if a 1 inch think piece of rubber bolted to the wing. It helps to scrape the snow and funnel it to the center of the plow. I will post better pictures before the snow flys.

I also posted a picture of the stump grinder.

Keep the posts coming.

One thing I am a little sad about is that the 3000 series power attachments do not go on the 4000 series. I would love to upgrade to the 4000 series but hate to give up the attachments.:confused:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 362
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 293
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 327
   / 3223 owners #10  
Hello Ventrac owners

I had some time this morning and wanted to post the equipment I have and some of the mods I have made. Someone asked about some forks I made a long time ago and I never got back to him. The forks are gone but they worked well around the yard and are easy to fabricate. I used some 1 inch square bar and welded brackets to the top which slid over the front arms on the ventrac lift. They worked well for picking up logs but I wanted something flatter I could use as a make shift forklift. What I have now is the 2 in 1 and I welded a plate of steel across the bottom. I probably could have made it cheaper but the 2 in 1 is sure put together well. please see attached photo.

With one of the other pictures I am trying to show some wings I made for my plow. The plow already had holes but I could not find plow wings anywhere. I bent up some angle iron and formed some plate steel. The black piece you see if a 1 inch think piece of rubber bolted to the wing. It helps to scrape the snow and funnel it to the center of the plow. I will post better pictures before the snow flys.

I also posted a picture of the stump grinder.

Keep the posts coming.

One thing I am a little sad about is that the 3000 series power attachments do not go on the 4000 series. I would love to upgrade to the 4000 series but hate to give up the attachments.:confused:

Nice pictures and cool mods! :licking: I wish I was a little bit more handy/motivated :laughing: My friend loves his 3200 as well. It is a bummer about the 3000 series attachments not fitting on the 4000 series. The blade and the 2-N-1 are universal, but the stump grinder and deck aren't. I am sure if you upgrade to the 4000 series you can get a good trade in value or sell for a pretty good price. I see a lot of people looking for used 3000's and they are hard to come by. Anyways great little tractor and glad you enjoy it! I love my 4100, Ventrac makes some great product :thumbsup: