Considering Ventrac-need advice

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #21  
Sounds like the wrong application for a Ventrac. It is intentionally built low to the ground for stability on hillside mowing operations. It was never intended for use on rough areas with protruding stumps and rocks. It is a TURF tractor. Turf implies grass growing on smoothed areas be they flat, rolling, or sloped.

If using a side discharge finish mower deck, the expelled clippings are sent far from the tractor so the radiator screen seldom gets covered. However, with a rear discharge deck such as the Tough Cut or Contour Mower, clippings are expelled directly under the tractor. You have to keep an eye on the temperature gauge to determine when the radiator screen needs to be cleaned.

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #22  
Every five minutes it is cleaned because the machine gets too hot. Anyhow, it is a good machine. Just sharing my experience. I would not discourage anyone from purchasing. It is very versatile. And it wasn't everyday that it got stuck just a few stumps here and there.

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #23  
CMA,
I don't know how you have so many problems with the air cleaner / filter - I used mine for 7 years and around 900 hours - take outer filter out (easy), tap it a few times, put it back in, blow out from inside with vacuum cleaner blower once in a while, replaced with new about once a year and would not have needed to do that. The new ventrac has a larger filter and picks up from a box under the back edge of the hood. I don't doubt you, I just can't understand how it would be such a problem.
Yes, sometimes the radiator screen gets covered, but rarely and that prevents the fins from being plugged.
The low center is intentional and you just need to be careful if you are on rough terrain.
None of this should prevent anyone from getting a Ventrac unless all you are doing is on very rough surfaces.
JUST MHO !

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #24  
I have 2 machines, one is the 26.5 (1 year old) and one is the 31 Turbo 3 years old) both have been problem free. I also have a JD4100 and a Kioti CK35. I am 57 years old and regret that I did not know about the Ventracs earlier. If I could keep only one machine, it would be the 31turbo because it has the rear lift. Anyone who buys one should get the front scoop. Not the loader, the scoop. If you think this is a turf machine only, wait until you try the scoop. They don't look like much but my dealer loaned me a 31 with a scoop and ........ Yep, I bought the machine the next day.

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice
Ventrac will be ordered tomorrow!

4231TD
Suspension Seat
72 inch mower
scoop
AERA-vator
ES220 Seeder (though the capacity concerns me a little)

Should be here in a week!

Thank you to everyone for your help!

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #26  
GREAT ! :thumbsup:
If you plan to do any digging of dirt, you might want to think about the excavator bucket - it depends on what you will do with it - scoop or excavator !
Don't forget the arm rests on the seat.

You will LOVE it ! :D

Let us know ! :)

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #27  
Sounds great. Every owner I have run into mentioned that the Ventrac worked out better than expected.

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice
ORDERED and I did include arm rests!

It will arrive next week!

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #29  
I can't imagine how nice the upgrade seat is. Of all my stuff, the stock seat on the Ventrac is the most comfortable.

I can ride around in that thing all day......