Considering Ventrac-need advice

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice
It is It is! Ventrac arrived on Wednesday and I have already mowed about 5-6 acres with it!

This thing is AMAZING-beyond my expectations.

The spreader, 72 inch mower, aera-vator and scoop are equally as impressive!

And I have already learned what happens when you mow to close to a fence line with an articulating tractor.:ashamed:

Let's just say my fence removal and replacement skills have been honed. :laughing:

Thank goodness, no Ventracs were scratched during this seemingly common learning curve.

If I could ever get mu photos to post on this forum I would share!

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #33  
It is It is! Ventrac arrived on Wednesday and I have already mowed about 5-6 acres with it!

And I have already learned what happens when you mow to close to a fence line with an articulating tractor.:ashamed:

Let's just say my fence removal and replacement skills have been honed. :laughing:

Thank goodness, no Ventracs were scratched during this seemingly common learning curve.

Congrats!!!

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #34  
GREAT ! You'll love it ! With rear wheels following front wheels, how did you take out a fence ?
Don't you love how easy it is to change attachments ? (one clue - I found that before you disconnect hydro lines - if you turn engine off and move accessory lever back and forth a few times it will release pressure in the hoses and make the next hook up easier).

Fortunately I did not take out the fence-

evidently if you get greedy (so you have less weedeating) and the front wheel lines up right next to the fence, it sucks you in.

Then the articulating aspect of the tractor helps it jackknife around the fence post.

I understand this is a common learning curve!:ashamed:

I am mowing my 10 acre field tomorrow-can't wait to see how much time I save compared to my old tractor. My guess is still half the time.

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #36  
OK - so I gather that the post ended up between front and rear wheel and you needed to pull the post to get the tractor out. Or was it between the mower and front wheel?
I did that a few times with larger rocks at first. - you can sometimes put something under the 3-N-1 and use downpressure to slide the rear over and get yourself out. :)
It's been quite a while since I got in that situation.
The downpressure will also work to lift you off a high center situation so you can put something under the tires and drive off. :thumbsup:
Keep us informed about your experience with the new machine. :D

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #37  
Yes, articulating vehicles behave a bit differently in tight spots. Best advice is to slowly work your way closer to the fence as you feel comfortable. The learning curve on Ventracs is pretty quick.

Congrats on the new machine!!

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #38  
:cool2: Glad you like it!! Were you on a slope when you went next to the fence post? I did that once when I was on a wet 25 degree slope and it wrapped slightly around the post. The Ventrac will never roll on a slope, but it does "crab-walk" down the hill a little on steep slopes. It's natural with this type of unit, just takes once and you will remember the best way to operate :laughing:
Again, welcome to the Ventrac fan club! :thumbsup:

Embarrassingly enough it was not a slope-just the tiniest drop off next to the fence. :ashamed:

I got greedy and wanted to cut back on weedeating.

Lesson learned!

Since then I have now mowed a HUGE 10 acre field in half the time it took with my Mahindra.

Ventrac just paid for itself with that move alone!

/ Considering Ventrac-need advice #40  
Amazing Machine isn't it ? :thumbsup:

You will find more and more uses for it -- If you have leaves to clean up, the blower is great. I clean out ditches and culvert pipe with the blower instead of having to scoop out the ditch. There are 2 blowers and the smaller one has more power and CFM than any other hand held or backpack blower I have seen. :D :thumbsup: