Spreading seed with ES220-question

/ Spreading seed with ES220-question #1  

belhavenfarm

I am going to overseed my 10 acre field with Fescue.

I plan to use my aera-vator and seed at the same time.

I am looking for any guidelines on what number to see the calibration on the spreader.

I realize I will have to adjust based on the amount I want to spread and the speed I am going-but a starting place from anyone that has done this would be GREAT!

/ Spreading seed with ES220-question #2  

I am looking for any guidelines on what number to see the calibration on the spreader.

I realize I will have to adjust based on the amount I want to spread and the speed I am going-but a starting place from anyone that has done this would be GREAT!

What seeder are you using? you will need to follow the setting for the seeder as well as the ground speed ... I just did my winter Rye and I was on the #2 setting at 5 MPH

/ Spreading seed with ES220-question #3  

I haven't used the ES220, but I have rented the overseeder box that can be put on the aera-vator. I would assume you would want the setting pretty low with the ES220 because you can't go as fast with the aera-vator as you can with the regular aerators. I prefer the aera-vator over the others, especially with tough ground, but you do have to go a bit slower (at least in my experience.) I downloaded the ES220's owners manual from ventracs website. Looks like on page D-1 and D-2 it helps a little bit. You should have this manual with your ES220 and you should have one directly from Spyker for that spreader. So from the chart on D-2 find out how fast you are going, then in the Spyker manual check out the spreading chart (I don't have that to look at, but you should have received it with your spreader.) Good luck, hope that helps a little! :thumbsup: