Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell?

/ Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell? #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
I am looking for a Steiner pallet mover, prefer in New England area, but if you want to ship, give me a call at 860-301-9637
or e-mail direct at jam0000@yahoo.com

Anyone ever use one? How good or bad do they work?

Last edited:
   / Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell? #2  
I would think that if you cant find a set, you could easily make a set from a universal northern tool & equipment setup....the attachment forks are easy to fabricate...a local welding shop could likely replicate your current attachment receiver arms and weld them to a univeral setup for a few hrs labor...probably cheaper than finding a used set with who knows how much wear on the arms....thats what i would do if i didnt have luck finding clean used...

/ Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell?
I made a set that just goes up and down with the arc of the arms. Only weighs about 60lbs, so can lift more then the factory one. However the factory one can go straight up and down, plus tilt. So still looking, but getting by with homemade set.

/ Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell? #4  
This thread answered a question I had. That the factory forks do go up and down as well as tilt.

I will be building one of these, as I find forks about the most valuable thing I can have on the front of a machine.

My first step is to have a bunch of those attachment arms made up.

Although it's true, that hooking up implements is fairly easy on the Steiner, I find the hydraulic connections to be a pain. Curious, if anyone has remoted them, further out front where they would be easy to get at? I wonder if they have changed this on the new 440?

The light weight on mine is a big advantage, both in moving/attaching to the tractor and storing and the payload is that much higher. I believe the factory option is pretty heavy and not sure it is worth the extra weight just to get fancy.

/ Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell? #6  
Great! Another project on my plate and in my head!

I've been thinking about this for the last day. Yes, it's a problem. As you say, it's all about weight! No sense going through all this and in the end, you have an attachment that won't lift much of anything. I get annoyed, when my other loaders, won't quite lift a 40 foot shipping container!

I was at a friends, and he has a friend in the forklift repair business that drops off forks regularly. He dropped off a set of half width forks that he thought, nobody would want. Well, they got scooped up pretty quickly, and there hasn't been any since. They would have been a good start. I'm curious what they were off of.

So, how to mount them? How to make them raise? In this terrain, you need some ground clearance. Do I use aluminum to keep the weight down?

I just found the Steiner Pallet mover on line, but it wasn't easy. And, it isn't shown in their latest catalogue. Says it will carry 400 pounds. Not bad. Now to get an up close look so I can copy.

Edit: Amazingly, I just found the PDF and it shows all the parts! Isn't technology wonderful? It seems that this attachment works much like the scoop, with the side mounted cylinders.

Last edited:
the dash up/down control will actually work the tilt. the aux hyd circuit now works as the up down, if you look close at those links, the cylinder extend and force it to go up.
The 400lbs lift capacity gets used up quick. Since I can lift my attachment (by hand), I guess it to be only 60 lbs. I think the factory set weighs 200lbs, that gives me 140lbs more lift. Aluminum would be nice.
If you make a few, thow me a price.

/ Anyone have a Steiner pallet mover to sell? #8  
Hey Industrial Toys

If you do make a extra one I would be interested also. I am just outside Milton.

Tks

Hungry4dss