New Ventrac 4500

/ New Ventrac 4500
To bad there isnt a diesel option,If I am paying this much for a machine I would want a diesel for longevity.

Talked to my dealer and he said that the 4231TD and 4226D are available through the end of 2012 and the 4500 will get a 25hp Kubota D902 diesel engine. So they do have a diesel option.

And before anyone complains about it being only 25hp, have fun finding many manufacturers in the next years producing one higher than that in the 25-50hp range without paying an extra $4k-$6k for the unit. :eek:
It is the way it is and in a year or two I am sure most everyone will learn to deal with it. If you want higher horsepower you'll have to go with gas in most cases.
With EFI and DFI there are more fuel efficient gas options now if fuel consumption is a concern.
As far as longevity, I've heard much more positive things about some of the newer gas engines out there than some of the diesels as far as total hours put on the engines and the lower maintenance, but I don't have any personal experience besides mine and being an AC unit it isn't one to compare with LC for longevity even though it has been fantastic. :D

/ New Ventrac 4500 #5  
Talked to my dealer and he said that the 4231TD and 4226D are available through the end of 2012 and the 4500 will get a 25hp Kubota D902 diesel engine. So they do have a diesel option.

And before anyone complains about it being only 25hp, have fun finding many manufacturers in the next years producing one higher than that in the 25-50hp range without paying an extra $4k-$6k for the unit. :eek:
It is the way it is and in a year or two I am sure most everyone will learn to deal with it. If you want higher horsepower you'll have to go with gas in most cases.
With EFI and DFI there are more fuel efficient gas options now if fuel consumption is a concern.
As far as longevity, I've heard much more positive things about some of the newer gas engines out there than some of the diesels as far as total hours put on the engines and the lower maintenance, but I don't have any personal experience besides mine and being an AC unit it isn't one to compare with LC for longevity even though it has been fantastic. :D

Ventrac Performance Comparison on hills

/ New Ventrac 4500 #6  
I stopped in at the local Ventrac dealer, simply curious. It sounds interesting, but they were preping for a trade show and the unit that I wanted to see will be back next week. I did not think that Ventrac was something to consider, but now it has me reconsidering my options ... Kubota B3030 (probably), the BX25 (probably not large enough), also looking at JD models. The stability on hills for the Ventrac, has my attention though. Still want a BH (not an option) and the FEL on the Ventrac seems too small.

so I'm back to square 1.

/ New Ventrac 4500 #7  
We have the FEL attachment for our Steiner... The capabilities of the machine are 1000x better than no loader, but we haven't used it since we got our Ford 1910 with loader 22yrs ago... There is no comparison to a 32hp cat 1 tractor..
.... Also the loader with single wheels is suicidal, we always used duals all around on our steiner, as per our dealers instructions, and stability was good, at least side to side, the machines are very short and don't have much lifting capacity.
.. Ventrac won't let you use duals (if you want to keep the Warranty anyway), and I feel this is a huge safety issue with such a narrow width with single wheels,the single tires limited weight capacity, there soft wallowing nature of the atv style tires, and articulated steering... IMO the loader takes a very good operator and flat ground only....

/ New Ventrac 4500 #8  
.. Ventrac won't let you use duals (if you want to keep the Warranty anyway), and I feel this is a huge safety issue with such a narrow width with single wheels,the single tires limited weight capacity, there soft wallowing nature of the atv style tires, and articulated steering... IMO the loader takes a very good operator and flat ground only....

That is weird, because Ventrac axles are much beefier than Steiner axles. Steiner seems to be more willing to push the design limits of the machine, while Ventrac is much more conservative.

/ New Ventrac 4500 #9  
Well first off Ventrac is Steiner of the 80s and early 90's .. So the owners are the same.. And I agree the Ventrac axles are heavier than the latest steiner axles,. We never broke a front axle using the loader.

/ New Ventrac 4500 #10  
Well first off Ventrac is Steiner of the 80s and early 90's .. So the owners are the same.. And I agree the Ventrac axles are heavier than the latest steiner axles,. We never broke a front axle using the loader.

Actually, the Steiners sold their company, and then started Ventrac. Both companies have never had the same ownership at the same point in time.