Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ventrac

Thumbs up New Ventrac 4500

Just saw this on my e-mail from my YouTube subscription!
    Ventrac just released their new 4500 tractor, looks like an awesome update to an already awesome tractor!

New Ventrac 4500 Introduction - Extended - YouTube

Bronze Member

Default Re: New Ventrac 4500

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDB View Post
    Just saw this on my e-mail from my YouTube subscription!
    Ventrac just released their new 4500 tractor, looks like an awesome update to an already awesome tractor!

New Ventrac 4500 Introduction - Extended - YouTube
    To bad there isnt a diesel option,If I am paying this much for a machine I would want a diesel for longevity.

Tractor
    Ventrac

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    To bad there isnt a diesel option,If I am paying this much for a machine I would want a diesel for longevity.
    Talked to my dealer and he said that the 4231TD and 4226D are available through the end of 2012 and the 4500 will get a 25hp kubota D902 diesel engine. So they do have a diesel option.

And before anyone complains about it being only 25hp, have fun finding many manufacturers in the next years producing one higher than that in the 25-50hp range without paying an extra $4k-$6k for the unit.
    It is the way it is and in a year or two I am sure most everyone will learn to deal with it. If you want higher horsepower you'll have to go with gas in most cases.
    With EFI and DFI there are more fuel efficient gas options now if fuel consumption is a concern.
    As far as longevity, I've heard much more positive things about some of the newer gas engines out there than some of the diesels as far as total hours put on the engines and the lower maintenance, but I don't have any personal experience besides mine and being an AC unit it isn't one to compare with LC for longevity even though it has been fantastic.

Tractor
    John Deere

kubota WG972-GL with the Propane option is also a choice
    New Ventrac 4500 Model

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDB View Post
    Talked to my dealer and he said that the 4231TD and 4226D are available through the end of 2012 and the 4500 will get a 25hp kubota D902 diesel engine. So they do have a diesel option.

And before anyone complains about it being only 25hp, have fun finding many manufacturers in the next years producing one higher than that in the 25-50hp range without paying an extra $4k-$6k for the unit.
    It is the way it is and in a year or two I am sure most everyone will learn to deal with it. If you want higher horsepower you'll have to go with gas in most cases.
    With EFI and DFI there are more fuel efficient gas options now if fuel consumption is a concern.
    As far as longevity, I've heard much more positive things about some of the newer gas engines out there than some of the diesels as far as total hours put on the engines and the lower maintenance, but I don't have any personal experience besides mine and being an AC unit it isn't one to compare with LC for longevity even though it has been fantastic.
    Ventrac Performance Comparison on hills

Tractor
    John Deere LT160, Arctic Cat 400 ATV

I stopped in at the local Ventrac dealer, simply curious. It sounds interesting, but they were preping for a trade show and the unit that I wanted to see will be back next week. I did not think that Ventrac was something to consider, but now it has me reconsidering my options ... kubota B3030 (probably), the BX25 (probably not large enough), also looking at JD models. The stability on hills for the Ventrac, has my attention though. Still want a BH (not an option) and the FEL on the Ventrac seems too small.

so I'm back to square 1.

Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

We have the FEL attachment for our Steiner... The capabilities of the machine are 1000x better than no loader, but we haven't used it since we got our Ford 1910 with loader 22yrs ago... There is no comparison to a 32hp cat 1 tractor..
    .... Also the loader with single wheels is suicidal, we always used duals all around on our steiner, as per our dealers instructions, and stability was good, at least side to side, the machines are very short and don't have much lifting capacity.
    .. Ventrac won't let you use duals (if you want to keep the Warranty anyway), and I feel this is a huge safety issue with such a narrow width with single wheels,the single tires limited weight capacity, there soft wallowing nature of the atv style tires, and articulated steering... IMO the loader takes a very good operator and flat ground only....
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    .. Ventrac won't let you use duals (if you want to keep the Warranty anyway), and I feel this is a huge safety issue with such a narrow width with single wheels,the single tires limited weight capacity, there soft wallowing nature of the atv style tires, and articulated steering... IMO the loader takes a very good operator and flat ground only....
    That is weird, because Ventrac axles are much beefier than Steiner axles. Steiner seems to be more willing to push the design limits of the machine, while Ventrac is much more conservative.
    Deere 5520, Deere 450H Dozer, Power Trac PT1460, Ventrac 4231 Turbo Diesel, Deere Z-Track 757, Ferris 3100Z 6 foot deck. Never too many toys!

Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

Well first off Ventrac is Steiner of the 80s and early 90's .. So the owners are the same.. And I agree the Ventrac axles are heavier than the latest steiner axles,. We never broke a front axle using the loader.
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    Well first off Ventrac is Steiner of the 80s and early 90's .. So the owners are the same.. And I agree the Ventrac axles are heavier than the latest steiner axles,. We never broke a front axle using the loader.
    Actually, the Steiners sold their company, and then started Ventrac. Both companies have never had the same ownership at the same point in time.
    Deere 5520, Deere 450H Dozer, Power Trac PT1460, Ventrac 4231 Turbo Diesel, Deere Z-Track 757, Ferris 3100Z 6 foot deck. Never too many toys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast