Steiner / Ventrac Loader - valuation and fit questions - then for sale

/ Steiner / Ventrac Loader - valuation and fit questions - then for sale #1  

DJD

Tractor
Case 444
I have a Steiner Loader that I no longer have a use for. I am looking for assitance - suggestions as to it's value and to a complete list as to Steiner / Ventrac machines that it will fit. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The loader appears identical to the current loader Steiner LD300 - the parts lists appear to match and the attachment points and brackets are the same. This must be an older version. The identification plate says: Steiner Corporation Model LDR-48 Serial A4018 Orrville. Ohio. Mechanically it is in great shape no wear on the bucket leading edge wear bar and all the pins are tight. The hydraulics good - no hose cracks or leaks - when it sat on my garage floor for 6 months not in fully collapsed position it did not settle but held position (no load only its own weight.)

I was told it was used indoors in a barn on a 160 acre farm - sold by the estate when the farmer died and I bought it from the man ownd a 5 acre section of the old farm and had acquired it along with some other equipment. Indoor barn use would account for the limited wear, but the scratched paint from close quarters and heavy beams.

This loader never made it into my son's lawn and landscape business because of a crashed truck - trailer and two commercial mowers that needed to be replaced - ending the extra funding for a small loader/tractor.

So help me value it and identify potential steiner and ventracs that can run it. Thanks for your help. The machine is located 7 miles west of down town Minneapolis Minnesota.

I have not figured out how to attach photos yet but it appears I have to post first then "manage" the attachments. In any case I will directly email photos if asked.

David.

/ Steiner / Ventrac Loader - valuation and fit questions - then for sale
Steiner Loader Pictures

Attachments

• DSCN0467.JPG
    DSCN0467.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 3,065
  • DSCN0466.JPG
    DSCN0466.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 1,588
  • DSCN0465.JPG
    DSCN0465.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 983
   / Steiner / Ventrac Loader - valuation and fit questions - then for sale #3  
Probably only the Steiner 4xx series
But give Ventrac a call and they'll probably give you the info you need... 1-866-VENTRAC

/ Steiner / Ventrac Loader - valuation and fit questions - then for sale #4  
We have the same loader.. Those attachments were over 3000 back in 89..the value is probably 1200-1400 provided its leak free and you have the rear attachment bracket that's usually left on the machine and the clamps that hold it to the attachment bar.... Also needed for anything more than loading mulch is the duals and counterweight with all 6 suitcase weights.... I personally will not let my employees use the loader without duals. It's unsafe too tippy and single tires cannot handle the weigh of the loader and a full bucket.

/ Steiner / Ventrac Loader - valuation and fit questions - then for sale #5  
According to the serial # you have the 18th loader built in 1984. LDR-48 simply stands for loader 48" width, while the newer LD300 has the same width but the changed the model # to specify it's capacity in lb. I work at a Steiner/Ventrac dealer and your loader will fit a S-20, 420, or 430 Max tractor only. Ican't tell you 100% that it would fit a S-16 or S-18 but it would be possible if the tractor has the holes in the rear of the front half for the bar that slides through which holds that loader on to the tractor. do you have that bar? Have you sold it yet?