Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information #1  

Frank Sorbello

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-422
Where can I find information on the Steiner 420 tractors hydraulics. I am in the process of trying to make an attachment using the auxiliary hydros on the side of the tractor. I need to know flow rate, pressure etc...

Thanks

Frank

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information #2  
Where can I find information on the Steiner 420 tractors hydraulics. I am in the process of trying to make an attachment using the auxiliary hydros on the side of the tractor. I need to know flow rate, pressure etc...

Thanks

Frank

I think you can run any sort of cylinder,but pretty sure you wont be able to run a hydralic motor.What are you going to build.If it is a motor,you will have to power another pump off the PTO.Steiner made some attachments that has their own pump and motor.

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information #3  
If you want specs and pressures,Roger Bates (Bates Garage)a Steiner dealer can help you.I have traded with him and he checks all the Steiners pressures upon trading.He should know what the rates and pressures are. Bates Garage Kewanee,Illinois 309-852-2285

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information
I was looking to run a small hydraulic hammer or breaker. Don't know if it is possible, but the attachment would act like a vibratory plow.

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information #5  
You have very little flow from the aux port. A strong system will only make 800psi hot of your lucky. Flow is under 2gpm...I think it's about 1.2 GPM at 500 psi. My machines make 1300 cold... I have shimmed the regulator slightly.. But too much will sheer the pump drive pin... Don't forget the while your using that port, even if you can get it to work... You'll have little to no lift or steering capacity... It would be much better to use the PTO drive belt to drive a small hydraulic pump and you could easily meet the needs that way although it would require you build a tank/filter and plumb it.. If you plan to use it much there performance would be excellent and you would retain your ability to lift and steer.

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information
Thanks Raw Dodge. Do you know how many gpms the pump on the front ender puts out? I need about 7 gpm.

/ Steiner 420 Hydraulic Information #7  
I have no idea the capacity of the loader pump but my guess is its 3gpm at the most... It's pretty small as are the hoses and fittings... You should be able to put together a pump from the surplus center, or northern Tool pretty easily.