Silver Member
    Tractor
    Steiner 430

Default Steiner Loader

Looking for some help or a standard operating procedure for safely hooking up and hooking the front end loader to my Steiner 420. Are there any secrets or tricks to doing this by myself with out getting hurt.

Thanks,

Frank

I haven't done it in years.. I remember that you hang the back mounting straps on the cross bar and drive into it.. You need to wiggle the steering until your into the hitch... Then close the latch shut down and connect the belt.... Then use the lift/lower level for the front hitch and the loader arms to push the rear mount into position... Install the mounting straps and tighten the T-bolts... It's isn't an easy job and I found it much easier to use a chain from my barn truss to hold it up so I can get the front tires under the loader lift cylinders...
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Chinese quality - Jinma 2420 - Ford 1900 - Steiner 420

Default Re: Steiner Loader

If you follow the instructions in the owners manual it's a simple procedure. I basically lift the front bucket off the ground about 35" and then tilt the loader unit to the floor. Then just unhook the thing and it's flat on the floor. The key is to NOT touch the levers for the bucket/lift cylinders at all when unattached. That way you just drive back to it and reattach simply. Takes me maybe 5 - 10 minutes and most of that is just trying to put the screws back in when you tilt it back and reconnect the belt.

Steve

Silver Member
    Tractor

If you follow the instructions in the owners manual it's a simple procedure. I basically lift the front bucket off the ground about 35" and then tilt the loader unit to the floor. Then just unhook the thing and it's flat on the floor. The key is to NOT touch the levers for the bucket/lift cylinders at all when unattached. That way you just drive back to it and reattach simply. Takes me maybe 5 - 10 minutes and most of that is just trying to put the screws back in when you tilt it back and reconnect the belt.

Steve

Silver Member
    Tractor

Sent him a email with the instructions to attach and remove as stated in the manual.

And it's 20" above the floor instead of the 36" I stated above.

Steve