STEINER 525

/ STEINER 525 #1  

ernemats

Veteran Member
Tractor
power trac 422, and agco-allis 5660, john deere 550 dozer ,1845 power trac
Does anyone have a Steiner 525 with diesel engine. I would like to know some information about it, like can dual wheels be put on it and with just the single wheels what is the maximum slope that can be safely mowed. Also what size mower can it handle and is there any sites on the internet that gives detailed information on Steiners?

/ STEINER 525 #2  
   / STEINER 525 #3  
I drove some distance last winter to try one of these, never having seen one before. I was quite impressed, thinking that some of the flaws of my 430 MAX had been addressed in this machine. Foot controls, not crunching your knees in a turn and a little more HP. However, then I realized that the tractor footprint was wider then some of my attachments, and the attraction faded quickly. Beyond that, for the right application, like maybe a 6 foot mower, I am guessing it is a great machine.

/ STEINER 525 #4  
My dealer says to avoid the 525 like the plague...it was a horrible machine... He sold and services thousands of stieners and ventracs ..and I've come to trust his judgement thru years of good advice and knowledge.

/ STEINER 525
My son just bought one. What kind of problems did they have?

/ STEINER 525 #6  
I may be in the market for a Steiner 525,anyone know of any sitting at dealers or an individual who is selling one? Thanks Eddie

/ STEINER 525 #7  
They weren't a very good machine,parts are very hard to get for things specific to the 525...the 430 or a ventrac is a much better choice..

/ STEINER 525 #8  
They weren't a very good machine,parts are very hard to get for things specific to the 525...the 430 or a ventrac is a much better choice..

I see alot of them out there with 3000+ hrs.,to me that says they werent so bad.I am still looking for something that can run 26" tires,and has a better ride than my Utilimax.(Most parts for the Utilimax are unavailable also). Eddie

/ STEINER 525 #9  
3000 is nothing,I have 12k on our 1989 420... Do as you wish,my info comes from my personal friend who is a steiner dealer,various users ,and our vendors in the field who stood to make more selling us the 525 and didn't..the one part of the later 525s I like is the d1105 kubota diesel..the rest not so much.

/ STEINER 525 #10  
I have to stick up for the 525 diesel. Bought it to finish landscaping around my home and plowing snow.
It is red, it is cool and it can move more snow than a jeep.