Steiner Hydraulic Couplings

/ Steiner Hydraulic Couplings #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Does anyone know what Steiner uses on the 430 MAX for Aux couplers. What series name or number for a given manufacturer? Steiner only has internal part numbers and I don't like their prices. A friend gave me some 1/4 " Pioneer couplers that we were sure would fit, but don't. I want to remote my remotes, farther out front, because their present location is one of the very STUPID things about this tractor. Great if you like greasy, bloody knuckles!

And one more question, since you guys are always so helpful. One Steiner I am trying to sell, has the Kubota GAS engine. It starts well when choked but has difficulty idling. Even when warmed up, you need to keep some throttle up or have the choke slightly on. And then it is always speeding up and slowing down on its own. Any ideas?

Thanks

/ Steiner Hydraulic Couplings #2  
I am pretty sure Steiner dont make the couplers themselves,I would take one off and go to a TSC or your local equipment dealer and match it up.The gas engine Kubota sounds to me like it could use a REALLY GOOD carb cleaning.The symptoms you posted are classic dirty carb issues.Lastly,call Mast Lepley in Apple Creek,Ohio (330-264-9292)and ask for Jon Herman he is the service rep. and is the most knowledgeable Steiner man I have ever talked to.Eddie

/ Steiner Hydraulic Couplings
Thanks, I will call him next week.

Does an aerosol carb cleaner do any good at all? I've often wondered that. If I took it apart, or started blasting it with air, I am afraid it might never run again! Not a good thing, if I am trying to sell the tractor. Or I might mess up some gaskets requiring an expensive trip for parts.

/ Steiner Hydraulic Couplings #4  
I have never had any luck with aerosol.being that it is made to disolve gummy varnish deposits and it will not actually disolve a solid (which is what I find that blocks a carb 99% of the time).Take it off and watch how you dissassemble it carefully,use a set of torch tips to get every orfice clear and blow compressed air into the passages(you can use aerosol in this stage).set all needles back to previous settings and install carb,dont be to afraid,there are very few parts to a kubota carb.