Steiner Hyro Filter

/ Steiner Hyro Filter #1  

eddieb1965

Bronze Member
After searching and cross referencing,I have a Napa Hydraulic filter to replace the $28.00 Steiner 21-093 filter.Napa Gold 20 micron filter #1552 for $7.00. I have been running this filter since the last Hydraulic service.

/ Steiner Hyro Filter #2  
After searching and cross referencing,I have a Napa Hydraulic filter to replace the $28.00 Steiner 21-093 filter.Napa Gold 20 micron filter #1552 for $7.00. I have been running this filter since the last Hydraulic service.

Thanks for posting this last year. I'm a new (to me) Steiner owner and here the Steiner filter is $37 compared to $8.50 for the NAPA. Have you found any adverse affects from using that filter? Does it appear to be identical other than branding, or are there any functional differences?

Thanks,
- Andrew.

/ Steiner Hyro Filter #3  
I've heard the difference is in the specs of the filter. Stronger case for high pressure, along with a filtration that won't bypass. I don't know if any of that is 100% true but it's what I heard from my dealer. (who might be biased of course)

Steve

/ Steiner Hyro Filter #4  
Just some info on the filters...there is no pressure in the Steiners system..it's in a vacuum, the pump sucks fluid thru the filter. The stock steiner filter is a 10 micron...it is a good filter but it's not necessarily the best micron rating. The 10 micron is more restrictive especially in cooler weather, since the pump sucks thru the filter it's very important.The 25 micron filter is less restrictive on the hydraulic pump, and will improve performance and reduce noise slightly. Also 25 microns is what Sunstrand recommends ..So I recommend an aftermarket filter with a 25 micron rating..the only time I use the 10 is right after the system has been open, I would run it a week and switch to a 25.We use Zinga filters.My Ventrac/Steiner dealer is who told me about this many years ago...We use an AE25, it's about 7 bucks...

/ Steiner Hyro Filter
Just some info on the filters...there is no pressure in the Steiners system..it's in a vacuum, the pump sucks fluid thru the filter. The stock steiner filter is a 10 micron...it is a good filter but it's not necessarily the best micron rating. The 10 micron is more restrictive especially in cooler weather, since the pump sucks thru the filter it's very important.The 25 micron filter is less restrictive on the hydraulic pump, and will improve performance and reduce noise slightly. Also 25 microns is what Sunstrand recommends ..So I recommend an aftermarket filter with a 25 micron rating..the only time I use the 10 is right after the system has been open, I would run it a week and switch to a 25.We use Zinga filters.My Ventrac/Steiner dealer is who told me about this many years ago...We use an AE25, it's about 7 bucks...

Still using the Napa filters,with NO adverse effects,and alot cheaper.

/ Steiner Hyro Filter #6  
Alot cheaper than 7 dollars I'm paying for the Zingas? Please tell where my Napa is more expensive and the zinga is a better filter. .

/ Steiner Hyro Filter
Alot cheaper than 7 dollars I'm paying for the Zingas? Please tell where my Napa is more expensive and the zinga is a better filter. .

I just meant alot cheaper than the Steiner filter.I have a NAPA close so that is what I buy,if you can get Zingas easily then by all means run them.