Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    78

    Default Steiner Hyro Filter

    After searching and cross referencing,I have a Napa Hydraulic filter to replace the $28.00 Steiner 21-093 filter.Napa Gold 20 micron filter #1552 for $7.00. I have been running this filter since the last Hydraulic service.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Location
    New Hamburg, ON
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130, Steiner 410

    Default Re: Steiner Hyro Filter

    Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    After searching and cross referencing,I have a Napa Hydraulic filter to replace the $28.00 Steiner 21-093 filter.Napa Gold 20 micron filter #1552 for $7.00. I have been running this filter since the last Hydraulic service.
    Thanks for posting this last year. I'm a new (to me) Steiner owner and here the Steiner filter is $37 compared to $8.50 for the NAPA. Have you found any adverse affects from using that filter? Does it appear to be identical other than branding, or are there any functional differences?

    Thanks,
    - Andrew.

  3. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    230
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tractor
    Chinese quality - Jinma 2420 - Ford 1900 - Steiner 420

    Default Re: Steiner Hyro Filter

    I've heard the difference is in the specs of the filter. Stronger case for high pressure, along with a filtration that won't bypass. I don't know if any of that is 100% true but it's what I heard from my dealer. (who might be biased of course)

    Steve

  4. #4
    Gold Member Raw Dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    334
    Location
    Orange County,NY
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

    Default

    Just some info on the filters...there is no pressure in the Steiners system..it's in a vacuum, the pump sucks fluid thru the filter. The stock steiner filter is a 10 micron...it is a good filter but it's not necessarily the best micron rating. The 10 micron is more restrictive especially in cooler weather, since the pump sucks thru the filter it's very important.The 25 micron filter is less restrictive on the hydraulic pump, and will improve performance and reduce noise slightly. Also 25 microns is what Sunstrand recommends ..So I recommend an aftermarket filter with a 25 micron rating..the only time I use the 10 is right after the system has been open, I would run it a week and switch to a 25.We use Zinga filters.My Ventrac/Steiner dealer is who told me about this many years ago...We use an AE25, it's about 7 bucks...
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Steiner Hyro Filter

    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    Just some info on the filters...there is no pressure in the Steiners system..it's in a vacuum, the pump sucks fluid thru the filter. The stock steiner filter is a 10 micron...it is a good filter but it's not necessarily the best micron rating. The 10 micron is more restrictive especially in cooler weather, since the pump sucks thru the filter it's very important.The 25 micron filter is less restrictive on the hydraulic pump, and will improve performance and reduce noise slightly. Also 25 microns is what Sunstrand recommends ..So I recommend an aftermarket filter with a 25 micron rating..the only time I use the 10 is right after the system has been open, I would run it a week and switch to a 25.We use Zinga filters.My Ventrac/Steiner dealer is who told me about this many years ago...We use an AE25, it's about 7 bucks...
    Still using the Napa filters,with NO adverse effects,and alot cheaper.

  6. #6
    Gold Member Raw Dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    334
    Location
    Orange County,NY
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

    Default

    Alot cheaper than 7 dollars I'm paying for the Zingas? Please tell where my Napa is more expensive and the zinga is a better filter. .
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Steiner Hyro Filter

    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    Alot cheaper than 7 dollars I'm paying for the Zingas? Please tell where my Napa is more expensive and the zinga is a better filter. .
    I just meant alot cheaper than the Steiner filter.I have a NAPA close so that is what I buy,if you can get Zingas easily then by all means run them.

  8. #8
    Gold Member Raw Dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    334
    Location
    Orange County,NY
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

    Default

    Ok..that's more like it..
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Similar Threads

  1. Steiner Mod 430 Hudraulic Filter number
    By jgreathouse in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. L3400 hyro leak and question
    By StrangeRanger in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 02:09 PM
  3. 4520 4X4 E-Hyro
    By mscheer772 in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
  4. Steiner 425 hydraulic filter
    By MUDMARK1 in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
  5. Hyro on TC33DA
    By grwoolf in forum New Holland Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.