Hydraulic leaks on my Steiner S420

/ Hydraulic leaks on my Steiner S420 #1  

bbenn72

Tractor
steiner s420
My 20 year old S420 is leaking pretty good these days- Once the hot summer curbs the grass from growing I might should try to fix this problem. Has anyone tackled leaking hydraulics below the steering wheel behind the metal cover the runs from top to bottom?? I have know idea if the source of the leak is a hose, a coupling, or a more serious pump or valve issue~ Any suggestions or heads up would be appreciated! Thanks-

/ Hydraulic leaks on my Steiner S420 #2  
Welcome to TBN.:tractor: Was thinking about buying a Steiner or a Ventrac.

/ Hydraulic leaks on my Steiner S420 #3  
Welcome to TBN.:tractor: Was thinking about buying a Steiner or a Ventrac.

Murphy,You live right in Steiner territory,there are more Steiners in Ohio than anywhere else.I have been out there and bought a three(Sunrise Equipment,Valley Ventrac and Mast-Lepley were the dealers).If you buy a decent machine it will be a great investment.I use mine weekly and sometimes daily, just done some dirt moving with the slip scoop today.Just look for low hrs. and hopefully no evidence of abuse.

/ Hydraulic leaks on my Steiner S420 #4  
I just did a grading job with mine. Took me about 2 hrs with the loader unit on it. The guy I did it for was impressed considering the size of the machine doing the job. And the best part is that with these tires they use there's no grass torn up anywhere else unlike a skid loader job.

Steve