Ventrac Quality

/ Ventrac Quality #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Thinking of buying a 4500 series Diesel and asking other owners of possible problems you have encountered.

/ Ventrac Quality #2  
I have had 4 Ventracs with no significant issues at all. The 4500 Diesel has the least power (24.9) of any engine offered in the 4500 series. I currently have a 4500 with Kubota gasoline engine (32.5 hp) and am very pleased.

JackIL

/ Ventrac Quality
I have had 4 Ventracs with no significant issues at all. The 4500 Diesel has the least power (24.9) of any engine offered in the 4500 series. I currently have a 4500 with Kubota gasoline engine (32.5 hp) and am very pleased.

JackIL

How is that on gas? How many hours you have?

/ Ventrac Quality #4  
How is that on gas? How many hours you have?

I purchased a Ventrac with 800+ hrs. I think they were pretty hard hrs at that.I had an axle bearing go out and destroyed the axle tube and axle.My 4231 would definitly drink some gas,I was using 8+ gal per mowing.I definitely would buy another Ventrac,but am fairly pleased with my Utilimax right now.,as it uses 4-5 gal per mowing. Eddie

/ Ventrac Quality #5  
Ventrac published data in their brochure using a 60 inch deck says 1.5 gal/hr with gas on the 32.5 hp engine and 1.1 gal/hour on the 24.9 hp Diesel.

Last edited:
   / Ventrac Quality
Bought the machine delivered 7\18. The snow blower is a beast

/ Ventrac Quality #7  
Hello , My name is Chuck. I just purchased a ventrac 4500 Y. What an awesome machine. Want to get a slip scoop next and maybe a blower for leafs.

/ Ventrac Quality
Just hit 10 hours on mine and I love it. The hydrastat is a bit loud.

/ Ventrac Quality #9  
Hey Chuck (dunebuggy55) - I'm looking at the 4500Y. Any comments you wish to share? I was hoping for about 30HP like I had in the Grasshopper D930.

Thanks and Cheers!

/ Ventrac Quality
Hey Chuck (dunebuggy55) - I'm looking at the 4500Y. Any comments you wish to share? I was hoping for about 30HP like I had in the Grasshopper D930.

Thanks and Cheers!

I bought a 4500Y Diesel its only 24.9Hp thou but rolls right thru tall grass easily.