boxblade

/ boxblade #1  

capt_met

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat B300
I have seen some of the ventracs you can get a cat o 3 point hitch and was curious as to how they would work with a box blade. would the tractor be limited to a 4ft. box.
thanks in advance

/ boxblade #2  
You need large/tall rear wheels to provide traction when pulling a Box Blade.

/ boxblade
i have a craftsman with ag tires now that could pull a small box blade. i thought maybe the ventrac could do it a little better, I am not expecting to be able to drag a yard of gravel in the box but was curious if they work at all.

/ boxblade #4  
I haven't been able to find a straight forward answer for this myself. The second priority besides mowing would be driveway maintenance and I haven't found a substitute for a box blade in the attachments list. I was pointed towards the Power Rake but seems like an over complicated and expensive solution. There's a lot more to go wrong with the power rake than a box blade. This might be a deal breaker for me.

/ boxblade #5  
You need large/tall rear wheels to provide traction when pulling a Box Blade.

You must not have experience with the steiner/ ventrac or you wouldn't say that.first off the machines have 4 equal sized tires,and leaving a mower or attachment on the front would provide a perfect weight distribution for pulling a box blade,and the optional duals which many owners have totally negates any advantage of a single tall tire.these machines pull great.