Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar

/ Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar #1  

BKBrown

Gold Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4231 Gas
I've been looking for a Sickle Bar that will fit the 4231 Ventrac.
I understand that there were some made for the Steiner that would fit the Vetrac.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
   / Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar #2  
I would like to know that answer too? I asked my local dealer about a cycle bar mower for a Steiner and he said that people retro fitted the mowers already.

/ Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar #3  
If there is one out there, I have first Dibs! lol

They were just too expensive and as with so many other things, they were a liability issue!

/ Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar
I guess I didn't update this thread. I have one now and it was located by one of the Steiner brothers for me. S B down 3.jpg S B UP 2.jpg SB standing2.jpg The bar will cut at any angle from below horizontal to vertical. It needs 2 suitcase weights to counter balance the bar. This was a slightly used (like new) unit and I had it shipped from the dealer who had it.

Thanks, It does a great job - I just wish it was about a foot longer - I can't quite get down to the water level on the inside of our Dam.

/ Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar #7  
Thanks, It does a great job - I just wish it was about a foot longer - I can't quite get down to the water level on the inside of our Dam.

Story of my life :ashamed:

Yes, tools and attachments can always be a little bigger or a little longer. An extra foot would reach without attempting to do something I should not and will not do. I don't want a tractor at the bottom of the pond. :eek:

/ Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar #9  

Nice rig! Try raising the water level!:)

/ Ventrac 4231 Sickle Bar #10  
Yes, tools and attachments can always be a little bigger or a little longer. An extra foot would reach without attempting to do something I should not and will not do. I don't want a tractor at the bottom of the pond. :eek:

Just run the duals...it should float lol...I had our old Steiner in about 2 feet of water once...with duals it didn't float but it felt like it was about too....