Ventrac/ Steiner forks

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #1  

dunebuggy55

Hello,
Any of you guys have forks for your ventrac/steiner tractors. I am going to make a set with a grapple for brush removal. Would like to see some for some Idea's. have looked at the payne brand but would like to have them lift a little higher but still use my controls for the grapple. Thanks Dunebuggy55

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #2  
That's exactly what I'm starting,.,but I'm making a dedicated set of forks and a log/ root grapple.The forks are just me using scrap,I'm still undecided on using the aux hydraulics to give myself adjustable fork angles....steel,the grapples going to take a little longer...my shops unheated so I don't work on days when it's below freezing,so it'll be a while before there done,

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks
I was thinking of 1 1/2"x3"x1/4" for the forks standing up right for strength. I have a 2"x2" already welded in a rectangle lying under my bench that i think i can make the main frame out of. I am going to try and mount the cylinder for the grapple to the side toward hydraulic lines lines, so i can keep the forks back toward tractor for better leverage and hood clearance in the lifted position.thinking about maybe 42" inch forks.

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #4  
Are either of you planning on mounting the forks on the bucket?

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #5  
I am starting from scratch.. I don't have a bucket or loader..All I have is a slip scoop and I don't believe it would work well with the design of the rotation of the pivot.Scratch on the grapple too...I hope to have a few pics soon but we've had some snow..it's keeping me busy.

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #6  
I designed a mounting frame with hydraulic cylinder to attach a set of 3-point hitch adjustable pallet forks I purchased to the front hitch of a Ventrac. The mounting geometry has to be chosen carefully so that when the forks are fully raised and fully tilted back, the back stop doesn't contact the tractor hood.

PA040079.JPG

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #7  
Here is another view.

PA040081.JPG

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks
Hello Jack,
This looks like a real good set up. its exactly what i was looking for, looks like it has plenty of lift. Would you mind giving me the dimensions and sizes of steel used to build this? Also the cylinder specs? I can build this entire thing. I want to incorporate a grapple on top that can be removable. After looking at yours i think i can come up with a mechanical linkage that when you roll the forks back the grapple will close. thanks Dunebuggy55

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks
Hey Raw Dodge, would like to check out what you have also. get them pics posted please

/ Ventrac/ Steiner forks #10  
Jack,
Those forks look great ! How much do you lift (or plan to lift ) with them?
The lift capability (because of low hydraulic pressure) is the only thing I would like to be better on the Ventrac. I know they limit the lift capacity for a reason, but I would like some more pressure.
I have a set of forks that clamp onto the front of my excavator bucket and they work well - the only problem was that the fork clamps dented the inside of the bucket. I got a new bucket with the new 4231 and kept the old one for the forks and so I can have a bucket on both front and back if needed.