Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is.........

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
Ventrac 4500V with duels and 7' contour mower. Delivery to me is to be a few days to a week since the mower deck was not in stock. You good folks were a lot of help. Thanks!

Rooster

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #2  
I am not aware of a model 4500V. Are you sure it isn't a 4500Y (Kubota Diesel)? Congratulations! Send photos.

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #3  
Nice choices! A friend of mine demod the contour mower,it's really a golf,course suited mower,something to keep the turf manicured,not take down a weeks growth in the spring,they don't mow well when the grass gets tall at all,if you let your grass get tall before mowing,you won't like that mower,you'd be better off with the 6ft straight deck,it devours tall grass for breakfast...

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is.........
RawDodge, my land is golf course like. Steep as can be, but finish mower job. I have a 60" deck on my JD-650 if I let the grass get ahead of me.

JackIL, I think you are right, its a Z, but I had better check.

prs

Rooster

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #5  
Ventrac 4500V with duels and 7' contour mower. Delivery to me is to be a few days to a week since the mower deck was not in stock. You good folks were a lot of help. Thanks!

Rooster

Congradulations! We need pictures of coarse..

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is.........
RawDodge, my land is golf course like. Steep as can be, but finish mower job. I have a 60" deck on my JD-650 if I let the grass get ahead of me.

JackIL, You are correct, its a Z, the Kubota 3cyl gasoline (or propane) power plant. I thought the extra horsepower and torque would be appreciated. My other equipment is diesel and this will be first gasoline tractor I have had since 1982 when I sold my IH-424.

Murphy, I am not much of a photographer and I struggle at posting pics. Never seems to work as I think it should. But I can try try try...

Rooster

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #7  
Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting..sounds you made the right choice,I'm sure you'll love it.that mower deck is a nice unit.Pictures please whe you get it!

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #8  
You will appreciate the power of the Z pushing the Contour deck around on hills. The deck is heavy (585 pounds) and it takes a lot of power just to push it on the slopes. But you will love the results if you don't let the grass get ahead of you. Sometimes I mow every 4 days in the spring growing season. Think of it in a positive sense--this gives you more seat time.

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #9  
The lawns always come out so much better anyway if you can get to them every 4-5; days in the spring when thinks are really growing..i hate clumps, won't have them..so if it's tall double cut if necessary. .it usually isn't , my Dixie choppers really throw the grass especially with x blades and whiz mos. ..the ventrac does good too just doesn't have the power of the Dixies big Yanmar turbo diesel, so it's slow going by comparison.

/ Cocked, unlocked, and trigger pressed -- my next tractor is......... #10  
I think that you will be very pleased with your 4500Z.

I am very pleased with my 4500Y, which I acquired in late December. I have not been able to use the (60-inch, rear-discharge, mulching-kit-equipped) mower deck yet, but the snow blower and the rotary broom have gotten some real workouts.

These are well-designed, well-built machines.