Steiner parts

/ Steiner parts #1  

johara1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
I was due to change my hyd. filter at 25 hours, so stopped at a Steiner dealer near where i was at the time and i proceed to the parts counter. This is a new building all landscaped even a greeter as you walk in the front door. Three guys back of the parts counter, and two people getting waited on. I was there 10 min. still not waited on so i left. I had to go back down that way to take a specimen to the vet that is very close. Same as before three guys back of the counter at parts and me, I had the Steiner filter number plus a lot of other filter mfg. numbers. So i said i have a steiner part number for a filter and they told me i would have to wait. I did long enough to tell them i would never be back. went to the parts store on the way home and picked up a 1552 filter at NAPA. I will email Steiner with the same story and see what they have to say ?..

Last edited:
   / Steiner parts #2  
I would probably ask the "greeter" to see the owner. These must be new parts guys in the new building. The only reason you should need to wait is if they have people on the phone waiting who had called before you walked up. They should politely tell you they will help as soon as they deal with someone who had called before you arrived. I have not dealt with "Steiner", but my VENTRAC dealer has great parts guys ! The Napa filter was probably less expensive anyway.

/ Steiner parts
With out a doubt, Napa or any other filter is less expensive than the filter from the Steiner or Ventrac. All the filter are made by name brand company, just put the Steiner name on it and charge you 3 times as much………

/ Steiner parts #4  
Sounds like me. I have left carts full of stuff at the check out if I felt the store did not have sufficient staffing levels. Food prices are high enough, and what, my time isn't worth anything? Let them go through the store putting everything back!

I have found that Kubota and JD have reasonably priced filters. They have to, because they got clobbered by the aftermarket guys. I buy my Steiner filters at the Kubota Dealer.

Just as a side note. Called my Steiner Dealer today and was very pleased that the parking brake handle (I lost) is only seven bucks (CDN) AND, In Stock!. That's not bad!

/ Steiner parts #5  
I use zinga hydraulic filters,best filter for the money,I use the AE25. Less restriction than the AE10,my ventrac dealer uses them and got me turned onto them,they are about 7-8.00,and as good as oem,at 1/3 the cost...

/ Steiner parts
The problem with Zinga AE25 is, it's a 33micron filter verses a Napa 1551 is 10 micron, a 1552 is a 20 micron and the 1553 is a 30 micron Wix numbers are similar also.

Last edited:
   / Steiner parts #7  
The fact that you're saying is 33 micron is news to me. when I looked at the spec sheet it is showing it being 25 micron filter. Sunstrand specs call for a 25 micron filter for that system,so using a 10 is fine but its not necessary and it causes additional inlet restriction especially when the fluid is cold. My Steiner dealer uses them on all his machines and in addition I've been using the AE 25 without problems for close to 20 years I think I'll just keep doing what works for me.

/ Steiner parts
When i had the round with the Steiner parts, i needed a back up plan so i did a lot of research and cross reference with Fram,Zinga, NAPA, Wix and Baldwin filters. No big deal but that is what i found and i did find a NAPA 1551 here from when i had the PT. and it's a 10 micron so i will use it in the summer and change it out for winter.

/ Steiner parts
I did find conflicting information on micron numbers from different sources, So the i would guess it is the one you choose to believe.